Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm drivers that fits Aixiz module good for PEN build

Hi guys here is my size comparison based on what drivers i have..

1 rckstr fixed current
1 o-like 405nm driver
1 flxdrive v4.

all fits aixiz module casing.. Good for PEN build.

PROS: these drivers performed well. both the flex drive and o-like driver uses 2 AAA batteries and they serve well.

the Rckstr driver also works well too using 2 10440 batteries...

FITS the back casing of the Aixiz module if you are going to build a PEN type BR.

CONS: just dont let these drivers touch the inside case.. you will probably short the whole circuit and damage the driver..

-- o-like driver is super sensitive and unstable when it comes to current spike.. if you are to use this on a PHR diode.. just set it to 100mA it will be safe of your diode..

OTHER THOUGHTS: hehehe im going to order the variable rckstr driver and the v5 flexdrive..

here is the picture..

Photo474.jpg

thanks guys.. i will be also posting some charts soon... i will be experimenting on their current settings and also their performance....

i see larry i will be ordering the rayfoss one too.. so i can complete my review and comparison of these drivers..

is this the driver you used?

rayfoss 405nm driver

Last edited:
Yes; that is the driver I used.

In a pen, it is negative to the spring.

In my host, I just wired it with the positive toward the LD.

LarryDFW

Thank you for the link to the o-like driver!
I did not know that they made them... I need to try one now.
:)

no problem!! update.. rayfoss 405nm driver is 100% similar to o-like..

Thanks alot but im a noob and i know im probley going to get a lot of $ h i t for saying that. well i have built a driver before and all it did was burn out my 16X DVD laser in only 5 min so yea i have been rely in to the blue and purple lasers because they burn hard and look amazing. :)