Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4.6W green laser handle made by me!

HMMM....Well....the Verde Volcano was a PBS combiner with dual NDG7475. Much Green there !!

OK....You want TWO - 4 Knife Edge stacked NDG7475....PBS combined. It is doable. I could do it !! My " Hair is on Fire"....just thinking about the complexity. My wallet is also be moaning as to the cost !!!!! Yes...the 520 line is the almost at peak response of 555nm...BUT.....BUT....what about the Blue Katar project....for in that build, I could get Four beams @ 456nm / 6W all Beam-On-Beam !!!...Hmmm What would appear brighter ??? Gotta look that up !! CDB

Hmmm...SO....8 beams x 1.2W = 9.6 W @ 520nm......or...…( Simplified- 4 Beams 6W = 24W @ 456nm ?????....Of course, Optical losses would reduce the raw power output....Hmmmm ?? .....5~7 %

Addendum: OK ... For those that give a Shit...The Lumonisity Chart as authored by Steigerwall...for Human Eye Response...

At the 456nm line, Human Eye Response is 0.0511
At the 520nm line, Human Eye Response is 0.7504

For Reference:
At the 555nm line, Human Eye Response is 1.000

SO....
Blue / 24 Watt x 0.11 = Score/ 1.2264
Green / 9.6 Watt x = Score/ 7.2038

Crap !! 8 green beams would seem to appear 6 to 7 times brighter than the higher output Blue LD...… SIGH !!! Yet...ANOTER mountain to climb !!!

You fellows are gonna take a round trip around Sol B4 this Bad Boy is done....AND Thanhtung !!! Thank you for showing the way !!!!! Your build is beautiful !!!!! BUT...NO WINDOW SHINING....Please....Back reflection could make for a very bad outcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!
We wait your build will been completed! :)
Ok ! This time i was not shining to window!
You also can build with Four - 16 knife edge stacked! But it is so big, can not mod it into handle :)

Well....as it stands now....The " Blue Katar " may not be built.....I believe the design is sound.....BUT....we cannot go against the nature of our human eyes !! The 520 nm line is just so bright....it is where I will apply my efforts !!
In the area of knife edging....we are just taking baby steps.....See attached Projector pic...I believe to be an inside pic of a Kvant projector....Now...that is Knife Edging....Holy Crap....CDB

Attachments

• 20 W Kvant.jpg
    20 W Kvant.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 23