Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4.4W 445nm dual diode laser

kaunak

Re: Worlds most powerful handheld 4.4W 445nm

It's most likely brighter than a Krypton. It didn't even being to compare to my 300mW 532nm handheld, and from what Arayan says it's much brighter than a >600mW 532nm pointer, and the krytons usually average out to 750mW.

I didn't try to burn all the way through the block of wood, but it probably wood not (forgive the pun) because the block was really thick. I was trying my best not to light everything it pointed at on fire, but that didn't turn out to well for me :p

Yea I think that 445nm light is underestimated in brightness compared to green. Rhd's laser brightness calculator says the dot of about 150mw green is as bright as a 4.4w 445nm dot and the beam is about equal to a 300mw green. I find this hard to believe since I have a 2.3w blue and the beam and dot are both definitely brighter than 100mw of green yet they should be around the same given the calculator and lumens/watt charts

Last edited:

Failed! More or less the same result obtained with 4.4 W laser. BTW I remember that my CO2 was not capable to punch an hole in a black can while a pulsed YAG laser succeeds :) http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/how-burn-burn-yag-laser-66388.html

Just FYI the 2 cent euro coin is very thin copper on the outside and stainless steel on the inside... ;) I know I sanded one down in the hopes of making a driver HS, when I first started. :na: :beer:

Edit: If you had a pulsed ruby laser that might do the trick...Homemade Ruby Laser 2 - action shots - YouTube :gun:

Last edited:

ARG

For those who have PM'd me asking for more details on how to build this I am building another multi-diode soon and will be posting a video series on the building of the laser from start to finish.

Arayan

I'm sorry for the necropost but I have new information on this beast :)

I tried to measure the laser using a blue filter to reduce the power of it, and after the LPM calibration, I have obtained an average value of 4.91W...
since I have problems with the switch (I'm waiting for a new one :) ), in a second time I will post the graph and picts.

ARG

Wow, 4.91W! :eek: I'll have that switch sent out to you as soon as I have it :)

Arayan

Wow, 4.91W! :eek: I'll have that switch sent out to you as soon as I have it :)

Thanks Alex... you are very kind :)

This switch (for which I had to solder the spring again) is very unstable and I'm afraid, to use it too much in these conditions, for the laser diodes :(

It is an absolutely stunning build. Thanks for the post. Im currently working on a custom 7watt dual diode handheld. I will do my best and am inspired by your dedication and success!

ARG

Thanks! Any details on that 7W laser? Sounds interesting :D

Yes its a dual diode mount with 2 3.5w 445nn dioded custom module and host. Will build a 10.5w next I will give you more detalis and pics when I decide on exactly what drivers and batteries ect.. I will be using. If you want to contact me call shane @ 414-736-7268.

WOW! YOu did an awesome job. That build is very solid. Now do that with 2 of the new 5W 650nm C-clamp diodes and let me know. I would like to officially claim "dibs" on your first production of 10W red lasers :D

ARG

WOW! YOu did an awesome job. That build is very solid. Now do that with 2 of the new 5W 650nm C-clamp diodes and let me know. I would like to officially claim "dibs" on your first production of 10W red lasers :D

That's a good idea actually. Hmm.

I need to get a mill first so then I can make my own hosts, I already have the lathe :p

ARG, please put me at the top f our list should this come to fruition. That would be an awesome torch. 10w is the palm of your hand would be like wielding a lightning bold in your hand.