Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$4.35 405nm eBay pen SUPER OVERSPECT Must see!!

That is really cheap! I found something similar here...;) Have you tried putting in a good quality Li bat such as an AW 10400. That boosted the power by around 23% to 134 mW in my case? ;) Great find! :beer:

Last edited:

Blord

I hope for the buyers that they know holding a 100mW 405nm laserpen in the hand.
And that they don't treat it as somewhat overspec 5mW pen. Stupid things may happens with ignorance.

Btw nice find :)

Last edited:
I bought from this seller two more 405nm pens and one 532nm to test them out.
I also pick up a red one from here (Not sure what I'll get)

ped

Ive ordered one :beer:

I'll get it on the Kenometer when it arrives. How long did it take to get to you?

Hope its the same for me :beer:

Only 13 days :shhh:

Ive ordered one :beer:

I'll get it on the Kenometer when it arrives. How long did it take to get to you?

I hope for the buyers that they know holding a 100mW 405nm laserpen in the hand.
And that they don't treat it as somewhat overspec 5mW pen. Stupid things may happens with ignorance.

Btw nice find :)

That is really cheap! I found something similar here...;) Have you tried putting in a good quality Li bat such as an AW 10400. That boosted the power by around 23% to 134 mW in my case? ;) Great find! :beer:

Have you all ever heard of the motto "loose lips sink ships" ? Ebay has a policy of not allowing laser pointers over 5mw to be sold. Many countries don't allow the importation of laser pointers over 5mw. And now you've just possibly informed those that have the power to stop the sale of these lasers. Is that very smart ?

They have 6 or 7 listed from $2.99 to $5.60 and they all have the exact same description.
How do you know what the differece is?
For the price it's worth a gamble.

ped

Have you all ever heard of the motto "loose lips sink ships" ? Ebay has a policy of not allowing laser pointers over 5mw to be sold. Many countries don't allow the importation of laser pointers over 5mw. And now you've just possibly informed those that have the power to stop the sale of these lasers. Is that very smart ?

We all know eBay's policy(s) .

He's sold hundreds and hundreds of them, I don't think one or two members here buying them is going to make that much of difference, do you?.

just bought another one and a greenie. Thats 3 lasers for less then what I spend on lunch in a week!

We all know eBay's policy(s) .

He's sold hundreds and hundreds of them, I don't think one or two members here buying them is going to make that much of difference, do you?.

Look you've just stated hundreds and hundreds of over spec laser pointers are being sold to individuals that live in countries where such devices are not allowed to be imported. How many members buying isn't the point. Ebay's policy is the point along with authority of governmental agencies. It is plausible they Ebay would never have given this seller a 1st look. Now that someone has declared these lasers to be over spec you just never know who's looking at this forum. What I am encouraging circumspection.

These seem like a pretty good deal, and I would say if you are getting one that is hitting greater than 200mW, you have scored!

That said, remember that a <5mW 405nm laser would be Very Hard to see, let alone at distance.

What I'v seen in threads on these 5mW 405's is an average of 40-80mW and sometimes higher. I would also check to see just how long the >200mW pointer is staying at that output. It may be shining twice as bright for half the time.

Good find all the same though.:beer: I use one of these lower powered 405nm pointers to play with my Fat Cat...although she has either grow uninterested or to lazy to show much interest lately.