Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4.2watt 650nm laser

hoo7h

This looks awesome. Wondering when will Jordan put it on his website.

Did not see a mention of which diode this is. Also, it looked like it might have a BE on it to marginalize the divergence. I thought this was someone here who was doing a review, not a YT video. :(

This looks awesome. Wondering when will Jordan put it on his website.

Pretty sure he is using his left over 4W C-mount 650nm diodes. They aren't in production anymore. I have one but I've never gotten to test it yet.

Last edited:

hoo7h

Pretty sure he is using his left over 4W C-mount 650nm diodes. They aren't in production anymore. I have one but I've never gotten to test it yet.

How much did they go for? Do you where I may find someone who has a spare they want to sell :) ?

I remember you talking about that diode. You should consider selling it if you think you'll never use it. Had to have cost you at least $200 or more. They are very touchy diodes and will fail if you aren't very careful with them.

How much did they go for? Do you where I may find someone who has a spare they want to sell :) ?
I'd be willing to sell mine, but I'd like to send it off to have a member test it, before I end up selling a dud to someone. I've never powered it up before.

I remember you talking about that diode. You should consider selling it if you think you'll never use it. Had to have cost you at least $200 or more. They are very touchy diodes and will fail if you aren't very careful with them.

It cost me a pretty penny and I've been thinking of maybe incorporating it into a build. Or selling it. Either works:D

Last edited:
If I had a C mount host to put it in, I'd happily test it for you. I have everything necessary to do it, except something to put it in. :D

BobMc

Talked to Rick. He said he’s got 5-6 of these diodes he’s willing to sell. It would be best to contact him though he email page. Best wishes. :)

Sounds like Mac&Cheese time for Bob? :p

Haaaa, seriously thinking about it. It would be a unique build to have. Or just grabbing one of the diodes? :thinking:

Last edited:
Yikes! $400.00 is a lot more than they cost when they were in production.

I have yet to see a high powered red actually at 650nm. Virtually everything I've metered is either under 642, over 660, or 2mW.