Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 16000mah 6s lipos

I recieved 4 of these monster sized lipos from work. They were used in an S900 drone that we used for topographic survey mainly scheduled quantity visits. The drone decided to end its life while about 200 feet in the air. Out of the 6 batteries I have the 4 that are in good shape. Less than 10 cycles on them. Very minor puff on 2 of them.
I need some ideas. Short of throwing another 10k into a new drone, what could I do with these?
53624d1477842857-4-16000mah-6s-lipos-tmp_31456-20161028_183158-resized-800-2093042219.jpg

Last edited:

Damn, those are very beefy batteries. How much does one of them go for?

First thing that comes to mind is laser bazooka; styropyro style :p But if you got cash to spare and if it was me I would probably buy a few of the high powered diodes (nubm44, 07e, maybe one of the high powered 520nm) and combine them into one beam using cubes and dichros. Now that would be cool.

Reactions: GSS
They are completely worthless to anyone, I am PM'ing my address in Alaska, I will pay shipping, no problem :p

94Z28

Those are some monsters... maybe car battery? Motorcycle battery? lol.

Well if you can't use them, or the cells inside, put them up on ebay.

Damn, those are very beefy batteries. How much does one of them go for?

First thing that comes to mind is laser bazooka; styropyro style :p But if you got cash to spare and if it was me I would probably buy a few of the high powered diodes (nubm44, 07e, maybe one of the high powered 520nm) and combine them into one beam using cubes and dichros. Now that would be cool.

Around $350 per online.
Thought about the possibility of making a ridiculous led flood light. i have seen a few of those on YT.
That is way more involved than I want to get with lasers lol. I plan to stick with handhelds and simple optics.

Do tell. I couldnt find a chassis that would accept this size lipo. Maybe a 12s boat. That would be insane.

I bought a wrecked Steadidrone QU4D and have been slowly piecing it back together. The batteries it came with were only 5200 mah, since I upgraded the motors and changed the props I don't think im going to get much flight time out of them hence been looking for the biggest beast of a battery available. But I Just noticed the 22v, nevermind!

Last edited:

Benm

Perhaps they'd be good for a solar enery setup of some sort. Capacity is not that big for the application, but it could run high power appliances off one with a proper inverter.

Around $350 per online.
Thought about the possibility of making a ridiculous led flood light. i have seen a few of those on YT.
That is way more involved than I want to get with lasers lol. I plan to stick with handhelds and simple optics.

I think you'll find that no matter what project you come up with you won't be able to utilize those Lipo's to their fullest without spending an exorbitant amount of money.
I mean can you think of any cheap sort of project that could utilize the 240A current draw that just one of those Lipo's are capable of? Let alone 4 of them?

Maybe someone's got a better idea, but if it's true that they are worth $350 each then I would just sell them ;)

94Z28

I think you'll find that no matter what project you come up with you won't be able to utilize those Lipo's to their fullest without spending an exorbitant amount of money.
I mean can you think of any cheap sort of project that could utilize the 240A current draw that just one of those Lipo's are capable of? Let alone 4 of them?

Maybe someone's got a better idea, but if it's true that they are worth $350 each then I would just sell them ;)

This.. I'd sell em and get a 800mw 532 from JetLasers and a 10x.. that's like my lottery laser.

If they are 6 cell lithium ion polymer cells then the charged voltage of the pack would be 25.2 Volts ( 4.2 V * 6 ) .