Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3W Handheld Blue Laser Torching Stuff! *Video Went Viral!*

Re: 3W Handheld Blue Laser Torching Stuff! *Now on Hackaday.com!!*

Nice easy to watch a video without all the scattered parts
on a work bench in the background that we usually see...:gj:

Jerry

tonyt

Again, beautiful laser.

Also has anyone read some of the comments at the bottom of the hackaday.com article.. Lol!

Love how it says you made the "enclosure" yourself when yoi clearly have you bought it off dave and iirc dave had it listed in his sale as being made by someone else.

Yeah that's what I said was inaccurate about the article. There's no way I could have made that host myself, hackaday just assumed I made this laser because I've made every other laser that they have featured on their site.

I paid $350 for this laser IIRC.

Believe that sounds about right. Things a beast no matter what though and you are lucky to own it....jealous

This laser is fantastic! Seriously amazing!
This is probably a silly question to ask but would you ever consider selling it?
Two reasons I ask,
1 is because you state in the video description "To be honest I don't even like handheld lasers this strong"
and 2, I'm was looking at the Arctic S3 1.4W but that is 400 dollars, and the beam expander is 150 (which I know I would end up getting) I'm just looking for a powerful laser, it's something I've always wanted
You mention you payed 350 for it, I would gladly pay well over that
If you don't want to sell it that's alright! (I wouldn't want to either)
Anyways, love your videos Styro!

Last edited:

I'd like to get a few more videos of this laser posted before I end up selling it. Also, there seems to be a connection issue with it as for a while the laser would not turn on. It works great now, but I did nothing to fix it.

If you haven't owned a high powered laser before, I'd highly suggest staying away from the 445s, especially a 3W one. I'd suggest starting with a 50mW-100mW green laser and goggles before going into the extremely dangerous class IV range. All it takes is one minor mistake and your vision is toasted forever.

That's an amazing video! Such good quality...

Styro speaks the truth. If you've never had anything more than a 1-2mw red pointer from your local Target or Walmart starting with something a little less power until you get used to handling lasers and learn proper laser safety.

Also this thread should be a mandatory read for anyone new to the hobby considering a 1+ watt laser and how dangerous they can be.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html

xoul still has a blind spot and is still undergoing treatment 18 months after the incident.

That's very true, but I'm fully aware of the dangers of a powerful laser and how you should handle it like it's a loaded weapon, I actually have a case with a lock for a powerful laser once I get one. I have a few lasers but I'm just looking for a powerful one to add to my collection so that's why I'm interested, I looked at building one but I think I'd be better off buying one complete

If, Styro, when you are finished making the videos and decide you don't want it anymore I'll be top on the list to purchase it, if you change your mind about it I completely understand. Thanks!

kilter

Love this styro +1

oh my... I've been gone for some time, but this video has reawakened my burning desire for high powered lasers!

Is this just the regular Sirius host or a version that uses TWO 18650's? What Driver are you using?

Last edited:
This video has went viral! It's all over the interwebz...I'm working on a part two.

oh my... I've been gone for some time, but this video has reawakened my burning desire for high powered lasers!

Is this just the regular Sirius host or a version that uses TWO 18650's? What Driver are you using?

Unlike what all the articles are saying, I did not build this laser. This is a 2x 18650 Sirius host that uses a custom linear driver IIRC.

If you decide to jump back into the hobby with one of the 9mm blues, have fun and be careful!!!

tonyt

How did they find out about it? Just through youtube? Have any "news" outlets contacted you because they have quotes from you?

This may also be dangerous too as a whole bunch of uneducated people/kids are going to see this and go "cool i want one" do some quick search's and find the 3.5W kits on ebay..

Taking nothing from you styro!!! Fantastic video!!

Last edited: