Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3G iPad=awesome.

AUSBEN

ipadprice.jpg

OMG, I used the iphone 4. HOLY HIGH RESOLUTION BATMAN! I would need a magnifying glass to see the pixels lol. It inspired me to learn obj-c in the past two days, now I need to make an app :p

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
OMG, I used the iphone 4. HOLY HIGH RESOLUTION BATMAN! I would need a magnifying glass to see the pixels lol. It inspired me to learn obj-c in the past two days, now I need to make an app :p

Awesome, I was going to get my iPhone 4 on Friday but there were like a million Apple nerds already there so I decided to wait till this week.

erns

I just got the WiFi 3G 16GB last week.

I really like it.

It's a whole lot smaller than my laptop. It's easier to carry in my backpack than my laptop was.

I mainly like to surf the internet at work. I get good reception at work and at home.

This is the box the iPAd comes in.

iPad001.jpg

iPad002.jpg

I purchased the Case and Camera Connection Kit.

iPad003.jpg

iPad010.jpg

iPad014.jpg

iPad018.jpg

iPad004.jpg

iPad005.jpg

iPad006.jpg

DTR

Sorry I just love this video and whenever people start getting all gaga about apples stuff I think of it.

Last edited:
Lol I thought they were stupid too but I absolutely love it! And the iPhone 4 sucks IMO... That antenna problem sounds annoying.

Really not that big a deal. The work around for the antenna issue is to simply use a bumper or case of any kind. I dunno about you but I would never carry an iphone without some sort of protective case for it anyways.

The issue with the Antenna is that it loops around the outter body, this in and of its self isn't an issue, but the ends come together where you naturally would hold the phone. So by holding the phone you are essentially shorting that connection killing your signal.

If you are one of the few people who insist on using the iphone without a bumber of any kind (yes they do exist) then this would probably be a deal breaker. But if you plan to use a bumper or case of any kind it won't impact you at all.

As for the IPad...
ipad-10.jpg

I just think making it this huge thing kind of defeats the purpose behind it. The only useful aspect I see to the IPad is if you used it as a library so you no longer have to store hard copy books which are heavy and take up a great deal of room. But IMO the iphone works just as well for that aspect, you carry it with you anyways, and it's far more portable. The IPad is nothing more than a glorified giant iphone without the phone capabilities and crappy resolution lol.

wbp

I purchased an iPad 3G (32gb) in July to take on a trip to Tahiti (I was hired as a guide on a yacht going out to see the solar eclipse). You guys who prefer laptops can have them!

I loaded 2 movies and several episodes of my favorite TV shows and watched them on the 12 hour flights to/from. The screen is gorgeous, far better than anything the airlines give you. It goes 12 hours on a charge - I don't know any laptop that comes close.

I used it to navigate to the eclipse and all around the islands for 8 days. Our skipper was blown away. I had more up to date navigation charts than he did.

The wifi worked every where we put in for the night - that was a big surprise, Tahiti has wifi almost everywhere!

No, it can't do everything a laptop can do - yet. For example, it still can't control my AP1200 telescope mount. Oops, there was an update for Starmap HD yesterday and now it can do that too!

I dropped the data service on my iPhone, I never use it anymore.

My only regret is that I didn't spend the extra $100 for the 64gb version.

William

AHHH I shall have nightmares!
(both because of that pic, and the fact that someone actually thinks the ipad has a use!)

Why did I buy a <5mW 473nm laser for $415?

Why did yobresal buy a 100mW 589nm laser for like $900?

Because we love laser pointers despite the fact that they don't have much of a practical use for us (aside from burning). Same reason people buy the iPad... it's just one big expensive toy :D

-Jakob