Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3D lasers!  :D

lazed

Well, I decided when I was bored to do 3d versions of lasers!  I've only done a couple so far but many more will be coming!  My best one yet is my replica of the laserglow Aquarius.  Pics are down below!

The models were created and rendered in Cheetah3D (http://cheetah3d.com/)

LaserGlow Aquarius
blue.png

LaserGlow Rigel
rigel.png

My improvisation on the WL spyder series
spyder.png

Many more to come!  

Edit:  As of today, Friday 4/16, the notorious "beam shadows" have been fixed on the Aquarius and rigel pics.  I will be fixing the spyder pic tomorrow.  Thanks all!

PS: My website where I host all of my 3d pics is http://www.3hreeD.com. I currently don't have my entire portfolio uploaded, but that should be done by the end of the week.

Thanks,
lazed

Re: 3D lasers!  :D

lol yea now these are gonna pop up all over sites like warnlaser as thier product pic...

LOL

notice how the beams of the lasers have shadows. LOL might want to fix that. ::) Great work though! ;D ;D ;D

lazed

laser_freak said:
notice how the beams of the lasers have shadows.  LOL  might want to fix that.  ::)  Great work though! ;D ;D ;D

Lol, that's a problem with my rendering program. For some reason it renders shadows for the beams. I noticed it long before I posted it. Other than that, anyone else have any suggestions?

lazed said:
Other than that, anyone else have any suggestions?

The laser housings look great. The beams need a little work.. Maybe a little more transparency on the beams, make the edges of the beam a little less perfect or add some lighting effects to make it appear to have a glow if you can do that with your 3d modeling software (I'm not familiar with Cheetah3D, I use AutoCad). Then just figure out how to drop the shadows like stated above and it'll be flawless. Either way, it looks great. Nice job!

as rattle said, the lasers are awesome, but the beams are a No No.
if you want me to i can create a nice beam for you in photoshop,
just give me the empty images (laser ONLY)

lazed

Hey everyone, still working on the beams. Thanks for all the suggestions! I have now set up a site to show all of my 3d work. It's here at http://www.3hreeD.com.

Thanks!!
lazed

Things

LOL i should try this on my 3d modeling proggy, solidworks ;D ;D ;D ;D Nice job!

lazed

Well, for those who didn't see it on my site, here's a render of a WL elite that I did too.

elite.png

Thanks!!

lazed said:
Well, for those who didn't see it on my site, here's a render of a WL elite that I did too.

elite.png

Thanks!!

I gaveyou the plus after I saw that on you site. although the button needs some work...

Good jobs!

darklandz said:
amazing work!
be sure to add an RPL and Herc to that list if you have time  :D

Lazed and I did create an RPL, but the render just made it look bad. We tried adjusting the lighting, the reflections, everything, we just couldn't get the render to look right. By the way, if you didn't already know, lazed and I are friends (we live 4 miles from each other) . He did create all of the other 3d stuff, but I did the RPL. Unfortunately, lasers with the shape of the RPL or Herc just plainly don't look right. :'( It's a shame too cuz I spent FOREVER trying to get the render to look right. :mad:

PS: Sorry to hijack your thread lazed, but I'd figure I'd answer cuz I knew the answer.