Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

360 degree laser loop.

Well here is a novel one for you and one you may not have seen before. I was messing about with a crystal glass and my multiline Argon trying to make some stuff fluoresce. I shined it at the thickest part of the stem and to my amazement the laser looped 360 degrees and exited on the opposite side of the glass. This could be seen by the path of fluorescent glass.

So there you go, the first laser loop the loop.

Lucky I had the camera close :cool:

Jase.

Attachments

• loop_the_loop.jpg
    loop_the_loop.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 188

diachi

Its more reflecting of the inside than anything else, but still cool ;).

Also what is it with all the argons this week ?

Diachi

I agree it is all refraction and internal reflections, but I had never seen this done before, so I thought I would share with you.

As regards to Argon lasers, Once you have seen and used one, you will be hooked forever. They are like children and need lots of care and looking after. But if you look after them well you will see that not only are the colour(s) very unique and exotic, but the beam quality has to be seen to be believed. It is far superior to direct diode and DPSS.
Due to their superior beam quality, Gas lasers are the laser of choice for those wishing to try their hand at holography and lithography.

Jase

Tallaxo said:
I agree it is all refraction and internal reflections, but I had never seen this done before, so I thought I would share with you.

As regards to Argon lasers, Once you have seen and used one, you will be hooked forever. They are like children and need lots of care and looking after. But if you look after them well you will see that not only are the colour(s) very unique and exotic, but the beam quality has to be seen to be believed. It is far superior to direct diode and DPSS.
Due to their superior beam quality, Gas lasers are the laser of choice for those wishing to try their hand at holography and lithography.

Jase

That's true....if you ever get a chance to get an argon you won't be disappointed! It's true that they require some care and are very heavy and certainly not portable, but the color is amazing...probably more so for a multi-line (which I will be getting soon). Photos don't capture the color well at all....here's some pics (it was foggy tonight and I shined my lasers out into my yard) of my argon, my 473 blue and a 660 red. The argon beam is on the left (on top in the bottom pic)- but to the camera the beams come out just about the same color, which isn't the case to the eye.
534.jpg

c23.jpg

Schrecken_Licht said:
[quote author=Tallaxo link=1214571089/0#2 date=1214572372]I agree it is all refraction and internal reflections, but I had never seen this done before, so I thought I would share with you.

Jase

That's true....if you ever get a chance to get an argon you won't be disappointed! It's true that they require some care and are very heavy and certainly not portable, but the color is amazing...probably more so for a multi-line (which I will be getting soon). Photos don't capture the color well at all....here's some pics (it was foggy tonight and I shined my lasers out into my yard) of my argon, my 473 blue and a 660 red. The argon beam is on the left (on top in the bottom pic)- but to the camera the beams come out just about the same color, which isn't the case to the eye.

Luckily my camera can show what SL is talking about.

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 302
GooeyGus said:
what are you using to diffract the beam?
Gus.

Just a simple x y Diffraction grating. I believe Novalasers sells some good ones, or you can pick them up on Ebay.

Jase