Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30mW Kaleidoscopic Green Laser from BudgetGadgets

Re: 30mW Kaleidoscopic Green Laser from BudgetGadg

Another great review styro also great pictures and an awesome video :cool:

kmac11

ElektroFreak said:
Careful.. I bought one of these yesterday and the BudgetGadgets website was malfunctioning (during checkout it only charged me $3.06). I got an email back from an employee of BudgetGadgets stating that I owed them a balance (which was true). The issue arose this morning when Paypal called me to tell me that my account was locked out.  Apparently, they are suspicious of BudgetGadgets, and locked my account to protect me from a "third-party intrusion"..

For the record, there was no intrusion, but the whole thing made me wonder why paypal is suspicious..

Because PayPal doesn't like sites that ship Lasers to the US

ElektroFreak said:
Careful.. I bought one of these yesterday and the BudgetGadgets website was malfunctioning (during checkout it only charged me $3.06). I got an email back from an employee of BudgetGadgets stating that I owed them a balance (which was true). The issue arose this morning when Paypal called me to tell me that my account was locked out. Apparently, they are suspicious of BudgetGadgets, and locked my account to protect me from a "third-party intrusion"..

For the record, there was no intrusion, but the whole thing made me wonder why paypal is suspicious..

That is weird, paypal does that to sites that have received a lot of complaints IIRC.

XCreedX said:
Another great review styro also great pictures and an awesome video :cool:
Thanks!

Jaseth

styropyro said:
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that somebody actually watches my videos... ;D
I sure do :p With all these specs, pros and cons, prices and different retailers floating around it can be awfully nice sometimes just to look at the laser and see what it does.. and there is no way a good looking thing like this is going to stay outta my collection :D (Plus you do make a nice and easy pro and con list).
To quote some guy in some movie: "I done gone got me a new gun laser!" ;D

BrewCityMusic said:
OMG you need to see this at 50mW - I just got a couple of these from SZW and they're insane - want to get them on the LPM due to the beam without the diffraction gratings(hopefully tomorrow if I can get ahold of my buddy) - I'm pretty sure they're overspec, but right now I'm in the middle of a show and I've got them floating around the room and they ROCK...

FYI (not sure if they're all like this) but the second diffraction grating seems to "float" in the bezel, so you can shake, tilt, etc and change patterns without actually twisting it - pretty cool, but only gives 2 static patterns (probably only moves on one axis to ensure it rotates somewhat consistantly within the bezel...)

Either way - cool toy  ;)

SZW?

Hey quick question. I JUST got this laser and i took off the tip. and I dropped the damn thing and it came apart. there was the black ring and a little plastic square piece that makes it do the designs.

Lost the square piece. and now it only does Dots.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

jakeGT

Hey quick question. I JUST got this laser and i took off the tip. and I dropped the damn thing and it came apart. there was the black ring and a little plastic square piece that makes it do the designs.

Lost the square piece. and now it only does Dots.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

get another one, and don't bring up a 2 year old thread......

Last edited:

Ash