Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

301, 302 , 303 , 304 lasers............

Hi folks , i did a search above trying to find what is the difference with these numbered lasers, and found nothing ......... can someone explain please.

Thanks

GSS

They are basicly the same. Same host's, same electronic's and same patent.
I believe Sanwu calls and labels them as a 304 to know they are from them.. The rest might be that some have added star caps that maby they call 302' and 303's?
There's also the Rip Off Stores who might advertise them as a 303 for people to think they are a stronger laser than a 301.

Thanks Gss , as a "newbie " i had to ask
the sanwu i bought says 304
the other from laserpointerspro from a while back before i knew the were con artists is a 303
sanwu one is 80mw says <200mw [ black one ] has sticker on
pro is a ?<5mw both wavelength 532nm both got starcaps
but both look same but different color , do they all use same base?

sanwu is the BLACK one and i must say feels better even though it looks the same as the RED one...
the red one cost more!!! con artists

i will always buy from sanwu now.
$16 for the red cased one laserpointerpro
$18 for the sanwu one ...................

Last edited:

GSS

Yup the same base and just different colors.
It's funny, how the mind plays trick's,:giggle: the Sanwu is the same laser as all the 301's etc. and just knowing it came from them is most likely the reason it feels better;). Sanwu bins and meter's them so you know what your getting and "maby" has a source that builds them with better QC.
I'm surprised the Sanwu sticker has <200mw as Laserpointerpro usually has the one's that say 5000mw.:whistle:
Like you know they can run from 30mw to 90mw..

Last edited:

GSS

what would you say this is below?
a 301 in disguise?
its £9 including shipping so.....................

Yup, just about the same insides but different clothes.. "host":)
For 9 euro's, that's about what $12 US?? With shipping, a case and battery charger it's decent deal..
Once you get a charger and a few battery's you can get as many $5 ebay 532 301's, 303"s as you can afford. 1 out of the 2 you buy should get you a 80mw or even a possible 90mw+. Ship all at once to save also.

Last edited:
IDK. I would still prefer to buy these for the least amount of money possible as they are the SAME pointer in every aspect. I have found them for $5 USD on eBay many times with free shipping. I would never pay nearly 4 times that amount because it comes from someone who meters it for me. But, that's just me.

i havn't got a meter !
:)
so i got to trust what people say the laser is pauL
that's why i got the last one from Sanwu

Last edited:
I bought a pair from ebay for 12 dollars ( 6 bucks each ) and they output 43 and 62mw, also they are threaded for the 3XBE which makes for a very tight far field spot. Note: Looks like the price has gone up a dollar a piece, still a good deal..........I will be happy too see it when the direct diode hand held units get this inexpensive.

Used to be these cheap Chinese dpss units were hit or miss but lately they have become a great value.

I also buy some 502b tail caps which fit in place of that silly key cap.

Attachments

• SANY3719.JPG
    SANY3719.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SANY3720.JPG
    SANY3720.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY3724.JPG
    SANY3724.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SANY3728.JPG
    SANY3728.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Red, that tailcap upgrade is a great idea, much easier to use, and it looks good too! (y)

Hey Red, that tailcap upgrade is a great idea, much easier to use, and it looks good too! (y)

Oh yes, I never cared for that silly little keyed tail cap, this is much better.

Also sometimes the output end is made so you can focus but they can be a bit sloppy, in that case I tighten the output end down tight and reach in with a screw driver to set the lens for a good infinity focus, then you can use a 3X beam expander to put a dot on distant trees or enjoy the fixed beam, after all 40-60mw is not really a burner but it is a nice night time pointer.....Actually you can do some daylight pointing as well as indoor.

Of course 40-60mw as we know can easily damage eyesight so as always safety first. :)

I bought a pair from ebay for 12 dollars ( 6 bucks each ) and they output 43 and 62mw, also they are threaded for the 3XBE which makes for a very tight far field spot. Note: Looks like the price has gone up a dollar a piece, still a good deal..........I will be happy too see it when the direct diode hand held units get this inexpensive.

Used to be these cheap Chinese dpss units were hit or miss but lately they have become a great value.

I also buy some 502b tail caps which fit in place of that silly key cap.

I LIKE the push button tailcaps, so would they fit both lasers i got? the 303 and 304 from sanwu?
i hate the keys
1/ too fiddly
2/ i always lose em

AFAIK they do, I have been using them on all that I have which are 301, 302, 303 as well as some unmarked and a 638nm.......it's a common case used for many laser modules........I don't see any in my collection labeled 304 but it's likely the same.
Chinese copy-cat flashlights are often not threaded alike but these all have been so far.

I find these cheap 850-851 301 and 303 lasers really fun because I buy them and take them apart just to see how hard I can push these modules. theyre really not gonna get much more than about 80 maybe 100 mw but theyre so fun to mess with cause theyre so cheap. :)

cheers red i will buy 2 from Ebay see if they are same
order placed $6.26 with shipping

these below redcowboy

Looks good, like I said all mine have been the same threads and they all fit, let us know how it works out. :)
p.s. Shipping from China can be slow but we do save money.