Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2X 18650, heat sink, host questions

Hello guys! So I am about 30 seconds away from ordering a Nichia NDB7875 445nm 9mm Copper 445nm Blue Laser Module W/X-Drive & Glass Lens complete module from DTR off eBay and a T1 9mm 445nm laser lens from Rick Trent, also off eBay (cant use the buying part of the forum yet) to go with my two UKAm890 18650 5600mah Ultrafire Torch batteries. Ive been looking for a few days now about heat sinks for the module. I havent picked out a host yet so i changed direction and tried from that end. My issue is, I cant seem to find much information on what heat sinks are out there for a host that can take my two 18650's. Before I start to ramble, I should just make the long story short: I need to know what hosts are available to me that already have a heat sink made for them. Heres my specifications: I need the host to be able to take both batteries at the same time, in a line. I need the host to have an available heat sink that the module can fit in (Nichia NDB7875 445nm 9mm Copper 445nm Blue Laser Module w x Drive Glass Lens | eBay). Id also like the completed unit to be on the more narrower side as the laser will only be used in short bursts. Any ideas? I found the 1800 Lm CREE XM-L T6 to be nice but im not sure if theres a slimline heat sink out there for it that takes the module. Im beginning to feel overwhelmed as im starting to think that im going to have to mill one :eek: Before I go waste money ordering things that wont work just to try them, I figured I should ask the pros :D Thank you everyone for putting up with my noobness and taking the time to read this!

sinner

Well first thing you would need is the direct link for DTR's laser shop, which is for forum members there.. I just saved you some bucks,

Let me tell you that the Nichia NDB7875 9mm 445nm Diode already comes with a higher quality lens than a T1 and can output exactly the same if not more..
What you need is an empty lens barrel (also from DTR $12) to put that lens into a brass lens holder.. , And i just saved you some more bucks..

You can use http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-2x14650-custom-host-81158.html this host , Its a totally custom design , and much better than cheap flashlight hosts..

P.s: whats wrong with the b/s/t , you can buy stuff from there but not sell i think!

Last edited:
Oh dear... LOL! First thank you for your response! I did buy them suckers off eBay and just dropped more money then I should have then. From what i was reading, it sounded like i couldnt do anything but read on the b/s/t section until 20 posts or something along those lines. I also got the impression that the T1 lens was more efficient then the stock one, which was on par with the G-1/2 lens. Hopefully I can find DTR and see if he can help me out with the Ebay purchase. Likewise, hopefully ill be able to contact Rick too about canceling the T1 order if it truely doesnt improve the beam better then the g-1/2 lens. I pulled a Zoidberg :oops:

As for that host, thats PERFECT!!!!! I dont know why I wasnt able to find that not to long ago. Ill have to get in contact with Ehgemus about that. Thank you!!

Last edited:

sinner

With a 9mm diode, the stock lens that comes with it, is a bare lens.. it costs nothing but $12 lens holder.. U dont even need the G-lenses if you can install the lens , DTR's website has a link showing how to mount the lens on the lens holder! :beer:

About the T1 purchase, sure go ahead if you still want it i am not asking you to cancel it, but it can save money otherwise!

Buy some nice goggles, these 9mm's are not something you would want even a reflection at close distance is dangerous!

:beer: Glad i could help!

Last edited:
Thank you! I am going to message DTR about canceling my eBay order or having the price reduced to match what is on his website and Rick about canceling the T1 order. If i dont need the T1 then Id rather put that money towards the host Ehgemus has. Hopefully they will both be understanding and forgiving! Thank you so much, you have been of great help to me! Its 5 am here now and i will be logging off soon so I will have to message them later on during the day.

It looks like DTR has a return policy of 14 days so I dont think ill have a problem there. However, Rick's listing has a no return policy and I may run into an issue there. REALLY hope he is understanding...

Messages sent. Now playing the waiting game... makes me nervous lol

Last edited:
This host DID NOT work with my 2x 18650 batteries. It cannot be used. Thank you, I now have bought a 75$ host I cant use for no reason.

well the seller of that host did say it was for 2x 14650's......14650 is not same size as a 18650. two options, you can sell the host and get a different one or you can get some 14650's for $5.

well the seller of that host did say it was for 2x 14650's......14650 is not same size as a 18650. two options, you can sell the host and get a different one or you can get some 14650's for $5.

You can use http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-2x14650-custom-host-81158.html this host , Its a totally custom design , and much better than cheap flashlight hosts..

I stated that I was using 2X 18650's. I was lead to believe that the host would except them from Sinner's statement. I have never held in my hands a 14650 battery so I didn't know it is a smaller size. I have asked the seller if he has a 2X 18650 host valued at 75-79$ with which an even exchange can be made. Waiting to hear back from him.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Batteries have names which reflect the dimensions of themselves....

18650 - (18) Diameter (65)Length (0) Shape
14650 - (14) Diameter (65)Length (0) Shape

All of that is measured in millimeters. Also I can tell you right now that 2x 18650 hosts will run you more like 85 dollars. Your best bet would be to simply purchase some 14650 batteries. It is too bad that there was some miscommunication, but as a buyer you should always double check an item's specifications to know for sure that what you are getting is what you want.

sinner

You can't go wrong with ehgemus host, even if it somehow a minunderstanding i never said this is a 2X18650 host, I am sure you were looking for better options. I added one for you,

You can get some quality 14650 batteries from lighthound.com and thank me later if you build this host, you're going to love how it feels i n your hand, custom host, and unique..

Laik

That host looks amazing! Once you get this build done you will love yourself for buying that host! That high powered blue beam coming out of a shiny long host will be SICK! Can you please take some pics when you finish this build? Hope you get all the ebay problems resolved.