Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2w laser beam expand a lot

hello i have a 2w laser I buy in 2012 from user (Blord) were is he? need more laser from him :) its very good i enjoy a lot this time so far!! only problem is the beam expand a lot very soon! in about 100m it expand around 1m or so... can i have something to work this "issue" i a some pics thank you

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.47.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.47.07.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 14
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.47.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.47.13.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.48.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.48.26.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.56.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-20 at 19.56.41.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 13

Hi, Blord is not making lasers anymore or so to think. So you will have to get therefrom other sources.

Rich:

Welcome new member from From Sintra/Portugal .
Buy 'kits' from good members here and finish it at home..
JUST be aware sellers/senders etc cannot be responsible for anything like Customs Duty etc that happens once the box is sent. make a new post in the Welcome section with Portugal IN the title.. if you want hands on help--you need to ask!
making more than one intro thread in 'Welcome' is allowed. More important is doing it correctly.
Have you looked at Odicforce.com ?? UK- shipping might be safer and cheaper.

BTW we all miss Blord... & wish him well.
hak

Welcome! I visited Sintra and Lisbon in the summer with my family - a really beautiful town in a very pretty corner of Europe.

That sounds about right in terms of divergence for that laser. Do you know if it's got a G2 lens or a 3-Element Lens? A 3-E lens will give you a tighter divergence but at the cost of some power. You can also tame the divergence some more with a Beam Expander which widens the beam but also reduces the spread. Not sure how you'd go about mounting one to the lens-threads on that host though - you might need to talk to one of the Machinists here or find an adapter.

Hi, Rcgomes,
You can get a 3X beam expander from Sanwu lasers and they sell a adapter ring to fit your lens and then screws onto the beam expander.
That will solve your problem.

Rich

GSS

hello i have a 2w laser I buy in 2012 from user (Blord) were is he? need more laser from him :) its very good i enjoy a lot this time so far!! only problem is the beam expand a lot very soon! in about 100m it expand around 1m or so... can i have something to work this "issue" i a some pics thank you
Yes as far as I know he's not actively building..
That C6 host you have is a nice one but the heatsink is quite small for decent run times with a 2W laser.
One step up is a 501B host which has alot more room for a better size heatsink. Look at member Lifetime17's builds and sales thread and you will see a variety of host's and complete build with heatsinks of all sizes.
Lifetime17 has a great reputation here and is alot cheaper than you might think.
I don't know what the shipping cost's will be but he is a huge option for a great complete build or a host pre heat sinked and pre wired that just needs a module..:)

Welcome! I visited Sintra and Lisbon in the summer with my family - a really beautiful town in a very pretty corner of Europe.

That sounds about right in terms of divergence for that laser. Do you know if it's got a G2 lens or a 3-Element Lens? A 3-E lens will give you a tighter divergence but at the cost of some power. You can also tame the divergence some more with a Beam Expander which widens the beam but also reduces the spread. Not sure how you'd go about mounting one to the lens-threads on that host though - you might need to talk to one of the Machinists here or find an adapter.

hello, thank you the laser have g2 lens

LaserRanger

I second the option to contact Rich, he makes awesome hosts. I got my very first lifetime host and it's beautiful! And they are affordable. Best bang for your buck