Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W 808nm diodes

rhd

Unfortunately, that's how it goes with these. I went through 150 of them, to find about 25 that I considered useful enough to do anything with. They were "2W" diodes, and the good 25 would just barely peak above 1W.

There are literally TENS of THOUSANDS of these diodes from Chris floating around out their. The price or value of them is INCREDIBLY subjective, and seems to vary entirely with the venue of their sale. You'll see 2-packs for $50, and 300-packs for $5. At this stage, Chris is limited in where he can sell stuff, so I think he take's what he can get (I'm curious as to how much more stuff he has). It can't be very good surplus left at this stage, but I don't know.

I've actually had a pretty good history with Chris's stuff. I sort of wish he would just come back to LPF, and say "Ok guys, here's EVERYTHING I have left. I'll use a middle man for any sales. Have at it."

Last edited:

I have offered to help Chris out more than once and would again.
Every time I have had dealings with him there were no problems !

I am sorry to hear your diodes were not to spec and to the claim of the seller. That is not right.

If it is not improper to ask, What name does the ebay seller go by, just so I will know who to steer clear from?

Verse for the day:
Romans 14: So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God