Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mW 650nm laser review

Well, to start off, this was intended to be a build showcase with this module: 660nm 250mW Red Dot Focusable Laser Module 1 Pcs Gift Battery Case | eBay

But techhood messed up and sent me this: 650nm 250mW Focusable Red Dot Module Red Laser with PSU Gift Goggle | eBay :crackup:

They are practically the same thing, so I probably won't complain when he gets back on the 8th.

Now the review

I will just be reviewing the laser itself

Advertisement claims ////// My measurements

Wavelength: 650nm ////// 652nm (calculated with diffraction grating so +-10nm)

Output Power: 250mW ////// Don't have an lpm, but it seems to be true

mRad: No claims ////// At best ~0.6 mRad

Now for the pics :)

The diode
9153-diode.jpg

The host/heatsink
9151-host.jpg

9150-host.jpg

9149-host.jpg

Best indoor beam shot
9154-best-indoor-beamshot.jpg

Best Outdoor Beam Shot
9152-best-outdoor-beamshot.jpg

:thanks: for reading my first review

If you want to see anything else, let me know.

I really like that last picture you took! Finally I get to see a 650nm's beam :evil:

Your pictures are pretty good man, I use my phone to take my shots and they sometimes turn out.....yea...:wtf:
Keep it up! :D +1(Must spread, will do ASAP)

Last edited:

Tmack

With? Lol that's pretty cool of you. Well if your not worried about it your have a cool mini Labby ...

With? Lol that's pretty cool of you. Well if your not worried about it your have a cool mini Labby ...

The build that I was doing was going to be a lab style so it works out. Also saving some $ :)

I know this post is over a year old, but I just bought one of these laser setups myself and I'm wondering does it have enough power to burn stuff? I'm hoping to use it on my cnc machine to remove PCB etch block.

The 650nm range is not the greatest for burning/etching. He also states he has no LPM, so there's that.
I have a few higher powered 650's. One that I have measures to about 220mW. Fine focus at even 2" it is a terrible etcher. My 700mW on the other hand is a little better, But still not the greatest!

how come it looks so purple on camera and not red at all?

Not to hijack a dead thread, but any recommendations for wavelength/color and power to burn black spray paint off a copper board?