Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$23.1 SRK 6 x XM-L2 from USA Direct DX

I just ordered three of these! I hope they are legit it is supposed to be already in the us and I should get it in a little over a week.

SKY RAY 6 x Cree XM-L2 T6 3600lm 3-Mode Cool White Light Flashlight - Black (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

sku_300102_2.jpg

Last edited:

Fantastic deal for $23. Throw in a few resistors, or a new driver altogether, and it will be a decent light. Probably pretty good even stock.

Thanks for sharing!

What?! It got even cheaper than the last one before it sold out. Perhaps to catch you on that shipping charge for under $25? Might have to get one myself and throw in a few random things. :D

I just did the did DX Chat to ask if the light is currently at the US warehouse.....

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
info: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
info: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
info: You are now chatting with 'Cher'
Cher: Hi Marc :)
Cher: Please hold on for a moment while I check on that for you.
Cher: 901300102 Has 33 instock.
Cher: Thank you for your understanding.
Marc: I appreciate it! thank you

If this really has XM-L2's in it then you are getting them at under $4 each.

You can piggyback one of these drivers in there and you will have a beast of a light
QLITE FET Driver

I received mine yesterday too! They are xm-l2's so this was a great deal. The price had jumped up $10 on it now. I am glad I grabbed 9 lol. The light overal is better quality then I expected. There is already a driver mod that was figured out on blf you just switch the mosfet to one of these

Vishay 70N02 N Channel MOSFET TO-252

Last edited:
DX doesnt have a US warehouse. I think you all misunderstand what "US Direct DX" is.

US Direct is basically a partnership between a shipping company (International Bridge is the company) and DX that promises delivery within 5-7 days with orders over $25. All items still ship from China but with the shipping partner they get here in 5-7 days.

About US Direct Service

EDIT: The 5-7 days is typical for items bought within the USA already so this is why DX borrows the "us direct" concept. Its as fast as if you ordered it from a US company but with the China prices. Its a marketing gimmick and everyone is falling for it. In the end it doesn't matter since the prices are low but they are not in the USA and DX doesn't have a US warehouse, they never will. It costs 20x more than it does in China and shipping costs from USPS are probably 100x more expensive. DX couldn't stay competitive if they moved inside the USA.

Last edited:
Darn, I should be receiving mines tomorrow!!! I miss the old DX USA Direct when they actually had a US warehouse. I forgot to mention IB gave mines USPS Priority 2-day shipping.

Last edited:
Got mines today and I've got to say, not bad at all. I like it and most likely I'm going to be mod it to be even brighter. Just want to point out a few things:

- Insulation gaskets are a bit high
- 2 modes not 3, but I can live without the strobe
- PWM whine can be heard on low
- It's almost impossible to get the driver out from the bottom without some damage so the easiest way is from the top by unscrewing the reflector and tapping it out.
- A lot of crunching noises when unscrewing the battery compartment/ dirty threads
- MOSFET driven
- Switch is a bit loose, but that's an easy fix
- Reflector is screwed onto the pill
- Oh yeah, DX can do a better job at packaging the light so it doesn't wobble around in the package. lol.

I'll probably do a short teardown thread in the coming days. I also checked the website again and to my surprise the price went up to $33 dollars from US DX :eek: We got lucky!