Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

20a test load + 24× M140 diodes

Hi guys
It's been a while,. Hope you all good,
I would have expanded to insane custom lasers by now if I didn't have the drama I did with the law over a year ago now,. Anyhow since it's illegal in Aussie land and considered a dangerous weapon I can no longer continue with this hoby,. I'm to old to go back to jail now and don't want the headache,. So I've got a survival laser testload brand new never used and an M140 array with about 1000hrs of projector time all working strong,

I'm thinking $100 is a reasonable price for the both if anyone interested.

Extra $10 should be fine for international shipping,. I'll add pics!

GSS

That's a good deal:)

Nice to see you post although it's a bummer it will probably be your last. Members were asking about you as they didn't know about the lasers being confiscated.
Got to ask BBB, did you do any jail time?:(

Hi bro
No jail , they should be ashamed of themselves for sending 12 detectives to my house costing me the tax payer money and for what a few hosts,. The only substantial thing they found was a $5 eBay pointer,. It's been over a year and they gave me a court date to try and have the majestrate agree and issue a probition order

for being in custody of a dangerous weapon, and if granted that will give them the right to come and search my house whenever they want,. Oh and finally they gave me all my stuff that was siezed back
Well most of it anyway,. Will let you all know what happens at court!

• Wow
Reactions: GSS

GSS

I thought it was 7 or 8 detectives which was insane, but 12o_O
Yes, let us know BBB what comes of it.
So what hobby are you going to do now?

There were 12 there's pics of them in my house in one of these threads,. I love the hoby but making just host doesn't do it for me I need to be able to build them complete and working to please myself,. Its so much fun building peices of art from start to finish,. Making custom flashlights doesn't do it for me either,. I've still got my lathe and will figure something out eventually,

Maybe small brass milled objects like spinner tops or something similar I'll find something I like doing eventually,.

Also they weren't all detectives one was sheriff there was dog squad guy and one constable taping the whole search ,. But this was all due to someone complaint against me for my utube vids, witch led them to the forum and then realising I've built and sold many on the forum!

GSS

Yup I remember the picture's! I did count the law people but some might of been out of the pic's.

Your hosts are sweet and would be nice but I like the idea of making some pretty spinners or even art projects.
Having a lathe opens up alot of potential projects:)

Why not build lab lasers and projectors?? they are actually more fun and legal too.

Hi mate
I always wanted to have a complete set of wavelength lab lasers, all same milled heatsink type with matching wavelength led Latching switches, but not to sell just to have for show,

Projectors on the other hand not sure, would be good for party nights but then for what else, IDK!

Wow that was a good deal, sorry I missed it.

Good to see you're still alive and kicking Billly, sorry to hear about your troubles, it's a real shame what happened in Australia, kids there can't even have airsoft toys or laser pointers over 1mw..........but you can build lab style units right? What about portable lab lasers ?
I remember you were liking the 505nm......... I have grown fond of it myself that and the 488 are such unique colors, how about cigarette pack size portable lab lasers ? If they had the interlock and safety dongle, aperture shutter, indicator light and delay start ? I don't know the Australian law word for word buy there ought to be a way.......of course you likely couldn't use then outdoors.

Is the corona virus spreading where you are ?

Wow that was a good deal, sorry I missed it.

Good to see you're still alive and kicking Billly, sorry to hear about your troubles, it's a real shame what happened in Australia, kids there can't even have airsoft toys or laser pointers over 1mw..........but you can build lab style units right? What about portable lab lasers ?
I remember you were liking the 505nm......... I have grown fond of it myself that and the 488 are such unique colors, how about cigarette pack size portable lab lasers ? If they had the interlock and safety dongle, aperture shutter, indicator light and delay start ? I don't know the Australian law word for word buy there ought to be a way.......of course you likely couldn't use then outdoors.

Is the corona virus spreading where you are ?

Hey mate,
Yeah when I bought the projector my intention was to build some lower power custom pointers, however that never transpired so decided to give someone else the opportunity to practice soldering and have some fun, and if a newbie they can also check the current of there driver with the survival testload,

Or if they like they can double there money back and sell the diodes, even triple there money,

On other topic
I’m really not sure if lab lasers are legal, but if I were registered with an astronomy club or a member and or asked for permission in writing to nsw police with a genuine reason to own a laser pointer, it’s possible to be granted a permit, however it’s very unlikely
Considering my issues, and having an extensive criminal record definitely won’t do me any favours,

Also
Lab lasers just aren’t as fun, unless I go all out milling some nice slots and groves and make them exceptionally custom and one off.
I could pull something interesting off, Techood and others have some really nice small blue alloy heatsinked with driver attached to rear with fan and power cord for good prices with all different power levels for engraving, I’m sure I could make something a lot nicer though,

Cheech

I'm debating on just using the whole lot at once attached to telescope optics, I see the forum has updated and all my pictures have been lost, i've got tons of parts I'll update with whatever I build. I still have a a140 running today daily that has been on 400-1000ma since they were discovered.