Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2011 NASCAR Season

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Season starts with the 53rd Daytona 500 this Sunday. :D Dale Earnhardt Jr will start on pole. Anyone else going to be watching this year? Nothing against Jimmie Johnson, but I do kinda hope we have someone else win the championship this year - just for some variety lol. Really hoping Dale Earnhardt Jr and Juan Montoya can have some good runs. Very interested to see how the new championship points system will work out. :D

EDIT: Oh crap, there was just a crash in Daytona 500 practice involving Dale Earnhardt Jr and Martin Truex! Looks like Earnhardt Jr has to go to a backup car. Anyone know if that means he has to start at the back of the field for Gatorade Duels, or the 500 as well? :eek:

Last edited:

drevil

I might watch a little, but turning left gets boring real fast.

Season starts with the 53rd Daytona 500 this Sunday. :D Dale Earnhardt Jr will start on pole. Anyone else going to be watching this year? Nothing against Jimmie Johnson, but I do kinda hope we have someone else win the championship this year - just for some variety lol. Really hoping Dale Earnhardt Jr and Juan Montoya can have some good runs. Very interested to see how the new championship points system will work out. :D

EDIT: Oh crap, there was just a crash in Daytona 500 practice involving Dale Earnhardt Jr and Martin Truex! Looks like Earnhardt Jr has to go to a backup car. Anyone know if that means he has to start at the back of the field for Gatorade Duels, or the 500 as well? :eek:

At the back for the 500.

Ill be watching when ever i can. I work every saturday and sunday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm so i usually just listen to the races on the radio until i get home. With Daytona being repaved, its going to make the 500 very interesting.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Damn, that sucks he's at the back for 500 too. :( lol What's the point of even running his Duel race then? I'm not really sure what to expect with the new pavement now. I thought it would make the racing more like Talladega, but the Shootout race last week had a lot of weird two car drafting. Although now NASCAR has changed the restrictor plate size again, so who knows lol.

DJNY

Simon, are you poor and stupid enough for NASCAR?

anselm

south park reference,
myself I prefer touring cars, like the DTR.
There's corners in both directions!:D

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The only race I really follow is the 24 Hours.

-Trevor

I am a pretty big auto racing fan all around. I follow Formula One and NASCAR pretty closely, and also try to watch IndyCar when I can. I must admit I do not have the attention span for a 24 hour anything though lol.

Anyone watch the Gatorade Duels today? This two car drafting is really weird lol. Really wondering if it's going to be like that for the whole 500. :eek: