Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW of green for $125 shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the same laser as the Trilights 200mW, by the looks of things.

Same housing, driver enclosure, and specifications.

The data matches what's on the original datasheet for the laser.

Hmmm. After a good 200mW with good analog....

I imagine CNI would be happy to build you one. :D

Seriously though.. If you want good quality, the cost goes up. Cheap lasers will always be cheap lasers. They're cheap because all the corners that can be cut making them have been.

Having read from a few different people who have tried the analog version of these units that the performance is awful, I've removed the link in the first post.

TTL works great, as I know from firsthand experience.. hopefully they'll get a better driver for the analog versions. It's not like it costs a lot or anything...

Having read from a few different people who have tried the analog version of these units that the performance is awful, I've removed the link in the first post.

TTL works great, as I know from firsthand experience.. hopefully they'll get a better driver for the analog versions. It's not like it costs a lot or anything...

I have one of the analog versions on the way, I'm curious as to just how terrible the analog performance is.

I'll have a few graphs soon, hopefully.

Any DPSS laser can be expected to have a degree of non-linearity. If you wanted the best modulation response, you might as well use an AOM on the output before the scan set.

Or you could just use a green with a proper power supply that uses optical feedback.

Now I'm not speaking from firsthand experience here, but the way I've heard it described is more like PWM than true analog mod..

Now I'm not speaking from firsthand experience here, but the way I've heard it described is more like PWM than true analog mod..

OK, I just got my unit. As I've posted on PL, I was certainly surprised.

After it passed last night's stability testing (no visible mode/power changes over the course of an hour), I tested the analog modulation.

Much to my dismay, it's actually PWM. At 3V and scanning on a 3000rpm motor, the individual pulses are visible. You can actually see the circle fragment and fall apart. Not good at all. I'll get some pictures later.

So, a warning.

Stay away from the analog models, unless you want a pathetic excuse of analog mod.

I've contacted the seller, hopefully something becomes of this.

Other than that, it's a *very* nice unit. Well overspec, judging by a comparison to a handful of power confirmed green modules.

Sorry for the double post, but it had to be done :p

I've got some pics of this laser running analog mod. Needless to say, not pretty. All photos were taken with the laser running through a tunnelgun.

It seems that from 5V down to 2.9V, there's no visible change in output, both to the eye, and to the camera.

From 2.9V onwards, the output becomes pulsed, and can be visibly seen breaking up into small 'dots'.

This photo was taken at 2.9V

2.9V.JPG

This one at 1.5V

1.5V.JPG

And these two at 0.8V

80mV_whole_circle.JPG

80mVs.JPG

From these pictures it can be seen that there are two pulse 'sequences'- a faster one (which causes the output to break up), and a significantly slower one that although is not visible to the human eye, is captured by the camera and causes a large chunk of the output to disappear in one of the photos.

EDIT: I got two clearer images using a line generating scanner (liquid sky), instead of the tunnelgun setup.

CIMG5081.JPG

CIMG5082.JPG

Last edited:
I got my triAngle Lights 150mw Labbie on Friday.

Without IR Filter: 260mW
With IR Flilter: 160mW

Is that before or after you pot modded it? The brightness of mine went up considerably after I turned up the potentiometer. I turned mine all the way up until the output started to dim and then backed off a bit. It is now installed in my RGB laser projector and has been run for several hours continuously without any issues.

Is that before or after you pot modded it? The brightness of mine went up considerably after I turned up the potentiometer. I turned mine all the way up until the output started to dim and then backed off a bit. It is now installed in my RGB laser projector and has been run for several hours continuously without any issues.
That was stock settings.

Anyone know where I can get a 200mW mini-lab laser like this that supports TRUE analog modulation? I have this laser and it makes dotted lines when I set my laser software (Pangolin QuickShow2) to analog mode. Thanks in advance...

Not sure why this thread was bumped. Does djpsych get a cut of sales? heh.

As far as a good green that has a relatively linear analog response in this power range (200mWish) I don't think your going to find anything else even close to this price point.

If you want something good, you probably should check on pricing on CNI or DHOM, etc lasers.

Another option is to build an entirely new driver for your existing laser that uses optical feedback to regulate the optical output, and modulate the laser based on that, and let the driver float the pump to whatever it needs to be to get that output.

flecom

I had a 300mW 532nm laserwave modulated just fine... actually of all the 532nm chinese greens my laserwave has been the best

bhom has been building a good reputation tho, worth trying out, a lot cheaper