Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW focusable blue-purple laser too good to be true?

DrSid

Not sure about the site .. but I have such laser in red and it works fine, for similar price. At same power, 405 should not be much more expensive. I think it's worth trying. But wait for more replies.

Last edited:
You looking to burn stuff? Purple is barely visible. And that laser is probably underspec check out lazerer.com or o-like.com

LaserBoi01

I looked at the site, and the laser your interested in. I'm not sure what country you live in, because it is not listed under your avitar . but I did notice this posted on the web site.

United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of
>5mW
lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted
and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only.

You can add your location in your user control panel. That will help others when they reply to future posts of yours.

I hope this helps.

This website is a subsidiary of DealExtreme.

The laser is indeed cheap, and the quality respectively.

However, if you are into burning issue, this laser will be a good burner.

Website is trustworthy.

Last edited:

Encap

If you want to be able to see the beam at all you need more power than 200mw in a 405nm.

I have a 400mw 405nm and it is a faint beam and weak dot, even in total darkness--in fog it is good but not dramatic---hard to see. Is at the edge of human vision and depends on how sensitive you eyes are to 405nm.

The good news is they are inexpensive and burn well.

I have that exact same laser... Got it from DX... Thats the same DX pictures and description so it's probably a DX site as said above.

It burns good, it's more purple/UV than blue... I have some videos of it lighting matches on youtube. It works well if you focus it to a tight point and you can also defocus it and make a nice phat beam.

It's not super bright to look at and it's defiantly under spec but it's a good burner because you can get a pretty tight beam with the focus ring.

I bought a 250 mw green for $39. When I finally got a power meter it was 50mw.
If you buy power cheap you have no way of knowing what you really get unless you have a way to check it.
And believe it or not a lot of sellers in china tend to "exaggerate" a bit.

I bought a 250 mw green for $39. When I finally got a power meter it was 50mw.
If you buy power cheap you have no way of knowing what you really get unless you have a way to check it.
And believe it or not a lot of sellers in china tend to "exaggerate" a bit.

It's true... Most Chinese stores just make up power numbers that have nothing to do with real life output :p

My 200 mW greenie is super freekin bright and leaves a nice beam and that's all I really care about... It's probably 50-75 mW but that's all I needed. My blue one I have no idea what power it's at but it's high enough to do stupid laser tricks with :p

I don't care about it enough to get a LPM.

ARG

I had the same one. Metered at 65mW. Most of these are only 100mW~ They use a PHR diode, so they wont even come close to the 200mW spec.

As I expected, the laser is probably underspec. Sad to see only one Chinese company(lazerer) is honest in their business

Please stick with reputation company. Most of the Chinese companies selling underspec laser. I would personally recommend lazerer as I have a good experience with them in the past

That laser looks exactly like the one I have from DX. Paid 26 for it if I remember. If it is the same laser then it's surely worth it.

It's probably underspec but burns well and does lots of fluorescence/phosphorescence tricks. I don't have an LPM but mine is most likely above 100mW.

It's not the prettiest host around but it's my favorite as far as usability goes. IMHO the focusing mechanism feels way better than those tiny focusing rings of higher end lasers.

And it doesn't get very hot :)