Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW DIY green labby with 1000mW pump

JLSE

Moving this video to the last page, please excuse it's double post :)

Last edited:

Things

SHIT that video made me jump! That was fast!

Very nice work!! Its a great improvement. Kinda makes me wanna go out and buy a 5W c-mount pump diode for my dead green module :D

does it matter what you use for changing the IR into the green... like taking out a old diode in a 5mw green laser n puttin in a new higher powered IR diode for higher mw?

IgorT said:
Interesting!

I never even considered that... But it could be converted into a nice portable!

Do they consistently put out 100mW? What about the bigger more expensive model 50/100mW? Anyone tested that?

My dx 35mW stage module is awesome but my 50/100 is absolute crap DON'T buy it! :p Its so freaken weak it can't even keep up with my
30mW ledshop laser. :p The dx 35mW is definitely >50mW. :eek:

--hydro15

So wanna burn...Can you post a link to those crystals? I tried searching them on OEM's website and nothing came up. :-/

Sorry for the double post. :p

--hydro15

Benm

Amazing photography and good results too!

Too bad i'm not into the metalworks, but it does seem worthwhile for anyone that has the gear to build something like this.

hi all:
i am Lasertec Inc from china. my company provide optical and crystal components for laser application for many years. I am glad serve to member on forum. we supply crystal following:
Laser crystal: Nd:YAG,Nd:YVO4, diffusion bonding crystals for YAG and NdYVO4 ,DPM crystal(Nd:YVO4+ktp)
SHG crystal: KTP, LBO,BBO,etc.
laser mirror : Corner cube,HR mirror, Cavity lense, Xcube, filter,(made of GaF2,BK7,UVFS etc.)

lasertec said:
hi all:
i am Lasertec Inc from china. my company provide optical and crystal components for laser application for many years. I am glad serve to member on forum. we supply crystal following:
Laser crystal: Nd:YAG,Nd:YVO4, diffusion bonding crystals for YAG and NdYVO4 ,DPM crystal(Nd:YVO4+ktp)
laser mirror : Corner cube,HR mirror, Cavity lense, Xcube, filter,(made of GaF2,BK7,UVFS etc.)
if you want to advertise do it in the Buy sell trade section...don't spam other threads

lasertec said:
hi all:

Your spamming but its more appropriate because I asked where I could get crystals to make 250mW's of green with a 1 watt pump.

-hydro15

K

kcomptonjr

a 1 watt IR diode aint nothin... my portable laser from optotronics has a 2.5W, and producess over 500mW of 532nm light

kcomptonjr said:
a 1 watt IR diode aint nothin... my portable laser from optotronics has a 2.5W, and producess over 500mW of 532nm light

Why don't you try putting a 2.5 watt c-mount inside one of these lasers? Heck, why don't you slap in a 40 watt Bar diode into a 5mw pointer?

Benm

why don't you slap in a 40 watt Bar diode into a 5mw pointer?

Hehe... one benefit is that the infamous 'dull red light' will not be all that dull anymore :D

digital_blue said:
[quote author=kcomptonjr link=1210699419/40#41 date=1228153961]a 1 watt IR diode aint nothin... my portable laser from optotronics has a 2.5W, and producess over 500mW of 532nm light

Why don't you try putting a 2.5 watt c-mount inside one of these lasers? Heck, why don't you slap in a 40 watt Bar diode into a 5mw pointer?[/quote]

The crystal will EXPLODE thats why. ;)

--hydro15

Hehe, I meant it sarcastically... The "kcomptonjr" guy is putting on a "my laser is bigger than your laser" kinda attitude.

dnar

Unfortunately I learn with my eyes and hands. Booklearnin was never my strong point :-/ Needless to say it has been an expensive journey.

To quote Ricky, "I'm gunna do some head thinkin and book learnin, and hell, I might even get my grade 10".