Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW diode; on sale from Aixiz for $42.50 shipped

ericab

Scroll down the page for the 200mw laser diode and the housing module for it is also there. If you were to buy them both the price would be $49.50 shipped

:eek: :eek:

Ashton

Re: 200mW diode; on sale from Aixiz for $42.50 shi

great find! I wish I had my array setup and some extra $$$ and I might buy into it now, but...

S

SenKat

And I sell better diodes at less than half the price ! :eek: Check the Group Buys section...

ericab

ive emailed aixiz for specs. they may end up being junk. stay tuned

Gazoo

If they are 200mw cw, and they give you enough proof of it, then I might be interested in one. But I seriously doubt it..they are probably 200mw pulsed.

Irregardless I would still recommend the GB diodes on account of the price, and especially to anyone whom has never had experience with a laser diode. Imagine the pain of turning a $40.00 laser diode into an LED... :p

ericab

ill let you know when i find out. :p

A post on instuctables says that its a good diode.

Its not from a dvd burner(that can burn if left on straight)

this thing is quality.

S

SenKat

The dipshits on destrucibles also recommend using a 2xAA flashlight as a host.....well, there goes THEIR credibility !

Their specific diode MIGHT take a direct drive from 2 aa's --------- - - - - But I doubt it. Maybe half dead cells. ;D
Damn -- If that will take direct from aa's -- it would be a burner !!

Mike

Gazoo

It looks to me as though the spec sheet from the mfgcn website has been altered. We would need the model number of the diode to be certain. Why are they hiding it? But we know who the manufacturer is..Mitsubishi.

Please compare with this spec sheet paying close attention the to ma's and output power.

http://www.mitsubishichips.com/Global/content/product/opt/laserdiode/cdrwld/650nm/ml1xx27.pdf

I don't see being able to get even 160mw's (which is the maximum shown on mfgcn spec. sheet) output with only 230ma's input. And until I see the spec. sheet from the manufacturer which will include the model number of the diode, I will have many doubts about the spec. sheet posted on the mfgcn website.

IF the one they are selling is in fact 350mw's pulsed, then one may be able to run it at 200mw's cw. I believe the true rating is 130mw's cw.

ericab

this looks to be a real winner~!

chimo

Good eye, Gazoo!

Here's a link to some of their LDs.

http://www.mitsubishichips.com/Glob...m?FOLDER=/product/opt/laserdiode/cdrwld/650nm

Gazoo said:
It looks to me as though the spec sheet from the mfgcn website has been altered. We would need the model number of the diode to be certain. Why are they hiding it? But we know who the manufacturer is..Mitsubishi.

Please compare with this spec sheet paying close attention the to ma's and output power.

http://www.mitsubishichips.com/Global/content/product/opt/laserdiode/cdrwld/650nm/ml1xx27.pdf

I don't see being able to get even 160mw's (which is the maximum shown on mfgcn spec. sheet) output with only 230ma's input. And until I see the spec. sheet from the manufacturer which will include the model number of the diode, I will have many doubts about the spec. sheet posted on the mfgcn website.

IF the one they are selling is in fact 350mw's pulsed, then one may be able to run it at 200mw's cw.  I believe the true rating is 130mw's cw.

Gazoo

It is a shame because we don't know what they are selling. And this deception does not bode well for their business.
But I will still buy their modules.. ;D

Daedal

I agree with Gazzo. I highly doubt that this is really 200mW CW... especially at the rating and Iop they have on the spec sheet... :eek:

I will wait and see how this is in terms of credibility from those who have bought some. I might end up snatching one just so I can compare it to the ones I've got headed my way from China... ;D

Keep us informed of whatever you find out though ;)

--DDL