Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW dies right after power on

Hello, I just got a laser today from O-like. It's the cute 200mW greenie. It was really really bright and everything was perfect... but 10 minutes ago I was shining outside and it suddenly died on me. D: I tried turning it on and off again, but it now dies a less than a second after power on. :(

Anyone know what is causing this??

Thanks in advance.

If it lases for even a second, that means the driver, pump and crystal set is probably OK.

To me it sounds like surface charge happening on the battery, getting quickly dissipated, and happening again.

You may not have dead batteries - you may have crap rechargeables. So while what Blord says sounds 'overly obvious', keep in mind a lot of the Ultrafire LiIons that O-Like ships can be spotty at best.

This does not mean the laser is bad. But the batteries shipped with it, it's possible they aren't holding a charge at all.

Check this before doing anything drastic. Because if it's flashing on, thats what it sounds like the problem is.

Also, you said "outside", allow warm up time too.

But that's less likely, what Aryntha said is almost certanly the cause. Don't just charge, but change the battery.

you guys were right. :) I just charged the battery for now and it didn't go all screwey. :p Thankyou so much. :D

So what battery should I get and where?

It uses an icr 123a I think or something.

you guys were right. :) I just charged the battery for now and it didn't go all screwey. :p Thankyou so much. :D

So what battery should I get and where?

It uses an icr 123a I think or something.
You mean, 16340.

Get any 16340 battery, from DX preferably TrustFire or UltraFire, if you are feeling rich pick up a pair of AW brand ones.