Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2000mW 450nm Blue Laser Pointer

EDIT: REVIEW!! http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/2watt-450nm-laser-flashlight-lazerpoint-79376.html

I ordered this laser from 'lazerpoint'

Powerful TQP048 2000mW 450nm Blue Laser Pointer Flashlight (Black) with * Laser Pointer * 2 x Batteries * 16340 Battery Charger * Anti-laser Glasses * Aluminum Case - Free Shipping

It's my first buy and only after buying did i decided to research lasers. :undecided:

I was just wondering roughly how much i'll be under speced by and if 'lazerpoint' are really that bad...

Any replies appreciated.

Will upload pictures on arrival,

Regards,
Jack

Last edited:

ARG

It's probably around 1W, but that's not bad. 1W is a lot of power regardless.

Any ghetto way to test power i don't know much about measuring the output or have money for one of those senors?

I paid £110.31 for it... that reasonable?

Regards,
Jack

ARG

Yeah, that's a decent price for that laser. There's no way to test the power without a LPM.

It's nothing to be upset about though, an extra 1W isn't a whole lot different. The human eye doesn't perceive brightness linearly. In fact, most 2W lasers have single element lenses so they have worse beam specs.

Thanks for the replies,

have you had experience with 'lazerpoint'?

Regards,
Jack

Blord

Q: What class lazer is this?
12/19/2012 by ButtonnzAnswer now

A: Dear Customer: It is ClassII.Answered on 12/19/2012 by Lazerpoint

I have doubt about the seller who misinform the customer. A 2000mW laser is a ClassIV category.

Q: What class lazer is this?
12/19/2012 by ButtonnzAnswer now

A: Dear Customer: It is ClassII.Answered on 12/19/2012 by Lazerpoint

I have doubt about the seller who misinform the customer. A 2000mW laser is a ClassIV category.
I was just thinking that... Class II doesn't sound right for a 2w laser.

I just sent a email to them asking what class is it, it is a Chinese company so maybe it's a typo (i hope) they seem to reply to all my questions (about 5 emails:p) but it takes them about 12 hours to return back...

Really hoping that answer is wrong could also maybe... possibly have something to do with getting them trough customs. just trying to stay postative as it was a Christmas present.

just read that class 2 is limited to 1 mW :(

-----------

I've had a reply to my email and they told me it was a class 4b laser... i didn't know there was a 4b tbh.

It should be here no later than the second week of January
Will post pics.

Regards,
Jack

Last edited:
Hi, i think you may be buying this laser: www.rayfoss.com

It's a 1 watt and there's no way yours should be less than that :D

Good news is i have the laser at that link and it's very powerful, if it's your first buy and it's that, it'll be plenty of power!!

Thanks Violet i think they are similar but the one I've ordered takes 2 x 16340 batteries.

Thanks for the optimism!

Regards,
Jack

Awesome I think the next laser ill buy will be a greenie I want one that's visible at long distances. Dragon lasers look pretty good. How fast is the shipping with OdicForce?

Regards,
Jack

Awesome I think the next laser ill buy will be a greenie I want one that's visible at long distances. Dragon lasers look pretty good. How fast is the shipping with OdicForce?

Regards,
Jack

There is a real nice 450mW green on OdicForce now. Shipping was ultra quick. I ordered it on the Friday and it was delivered on the Monday!