Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 quick questions

in order for a full rainbow though you would need to find a rare orange HeNe or sell a kidney on the black market and buy a 445 pumped orange from CNI

got a pm from ava about the 607s they're only available as labbies and are 5% stability or better.

1pc is 4900 bucks...ouch

Last edited:

NO4H99

^^^I never really used both of them - a dpss orange is worth it :D

I suppose in the place of a single orange module I could combine the output from a yellow and a red laser... Bit pricey but cheaper than a single orange module.

yellow/amber lasers are DPSS right?

NO4H99

Or you could build a RGB laser with power knobs for each color... At least that's my dream.

EDIT: Yes, they are dpss.

Last edited:

Tmack

Not a far off dream. I could do that now if I had the right optics and a blue Labby.
I'm going for the lumia though. But you got me thinking no4a lol. Damn you!!

I suppose if you had a 532, 650, 445, and 405 nm all perfectly aligned you could create almost any color in the visible spectrum by mixing different power ratios.

NO4H99

I've got all the handheld I could want (except maybe a single mode blue) - so I think I'm gonna save up for that!

So how do you buy from people who make lasers? The buy/sell section is very cluttered and overwhelming...

NO4H99

Scroll through the listings. What exactly are you looking for? (color, power, duty cycle, etc.)

Tmack

Get familiarwith navigating the buy sell trade sections. IMO buying from a company is a last resort. Usually a member will have what you want. Way cheaper and depending on wavelength, waaaay stronger. But please don't go getting a monster rightaway.

Not really looking for anything in particular. Something for 15 would be nice since thats all I have but my hopes aren't high for that :p

Hey I can get a powerful laser! I'm responsible. I bought a pair of safety glasses for everyone in my house when I got my 50 mW green. :)

what are you guys talking about i sold my kidney to order my 589nm :p all jokes aside be careful as dragon lasers is flagged by the FDA. if a package tries to enter US ports with the dragon laser address on it, it will be "detained without examination". its total BS but it was approved oct 1 i believe. so if you order there is a hefty chance of loosing your baby. i ordered mine from within america (wooo 'merica) so i dont take that risk. at least i believe the dragon laser address was on that list... good luck bro. if i were you go with the 589. 473 is on its way to being the next 532 and so i believe more fun to be had with a 589. your call though. enjoy!

hey dont smack talk ebay pens. although dangerous and not trust worthy i still love them. who doesnt like 100mw 532 4000mw ir? just joking. still are great with one hell of a price tag. still better then half the animals i keep. id rather take an ebay greenie over my S. polymorpha any day

Tmack

I'm a reptile guy myself!

But there are some great eBay lasers if you know what to look for/ avoid. And for your price range, you really don't have a choice.