Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 lasers from danefex and my whole laser set

2W 445nm MOD host and >500mw 405nm

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Re: 2W Danefex build with Mrcrouse Host

Nice that's a monstrous heatsink. Does this laser feel nice and balanced with the batteries in? It looks a little heavy towards the business end.

Definitely heavy on that end. It is a Mace of Doom host after all. :D

Yeah I thought so. Its nice though :beer: idk why the whole off balance thing irks me. You could easily fend off an attacker and put on a decent light show at the same time. :D or you could get another one and link them together to form mrcrouse's nunchaku of doom.

Last edited:

Would be nice if i can treat it like an actual mace for self defense or something but danefex specifically mentioned "*Do not drop, get wet. This laser isn't fragile by any means, but it is also not made to withstand physical trauma. Accidentally dropping it within a few feet like wont kill it but dont let it happen".

My Danefex builds are my prized possessions. I prowled around this forum looking for a builder with mad skills. I found Dan :beer:

Tested the burning distance of the laser which i measured about 29-30 ft. Marked the burnt area with an arrow. Took about a minute.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130205_090632.jpg
    20130205_090632.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 457

Would be nice if i can treat it like an actual mace for self defense or something but danefex specifically mentioned "*Do not drop, get wet. This laser isn't fragile by any means, but it is also not made to withstand physical trauma. Accidentally dropping it within a few feet like wont kill it but dont let it happen".

But if the need arises where you actually have to defend yourself, I'd rather see you risk breaking an expensive laser than suffer harm from an attacker. ;)

Last edited:

Hopefully it doesnt come to that but definitely yes.

But if the need arises where you actually have to defend yourself, I'd rather see you risk breaking an expensive laser than suffer harm from an attacker. ;)

I certainly hope such a situation would never arise as well.

Last edited:

I still like the idea of linking two MOD's together for the dreaded nunchucks of doom. :tinfoil: BTW, my new minisabre from Dan is coming with a custom mrcrouse focus adapter :beer:

I think for nunchucks of doom you may be better off going with 2 of my laser sabre kits. ;) Have a hell of a time swing two maces of doom around.

I think for nunchucks of doom you may be better off going with 2 of my laser sabre kits. ;) Have a hell of a time swing two maces of doom around .

It's an art that is easy to learn, but near impossible to master..... :D

HEY I never said anything about not cracking someone's skull with it! That wouldn't hurt the laser nearly as much as whoever's lying on the ground in front of you :crackup:

j/k - dont do that, I hope it never comes to that too :p

BTW a 5 minute duty cycle on this thing isn't pushing it too hard. When I tested this twice to see where it metered & how hot it was getting around 5 mins, I was surprised it was slightly warm. Mrcrouse made that massive sink especially for comfortably long duty cycles & staying true to his sigfile :p I'm also glad Unidentified (whoever he is) is happy with this monster also!

:beer: