Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.3W yobresal build

I've been waiting the past few weeks for yobresal to build me a 2W laser with an Eghemus host and it finally came today.

This is by far the coolest looking and most powerful laser I have owned so far!

2jf91s.jpg

i3dnjl.jpg

One more LPM graph with a freshly charged battery...

2d77xnt.jpg

The diode seems to output a slightly higher wavelength than 445nm, making the beam seem a bit bluer and much cooler than a normal 445nm laser.

Last edited:

Nice laser you got there! I really wanted to keep that one when I finished it. I don't know the actual wavelength of the laser but compared to my other 445nm lasers it was noticeably more blue. It certainly appears to be a higher wavelength.

Last edited:
It was well worth the wait.

I just tested the burning capabilities on a white piece of paper. Not only did the laser quickly punch a hole in it, but it also set it on fire! LOL

Yeah That laser is better than my own personal 445nm laser. Please take care of that beauty.

yobresal, you going to put the chinese sellers out of business soon

surprised you don't have online store

I don't really sell that many lasers anymore. Just a few special ones here and there.

DTR

The diode is a M140 from DTR and he said it was a high efficiency one. He did not state that it was a higher wavelength. That was my observation.

Yes this diode came from the projector that was from the M140 thread that was binned to see if they were more efficient than the A140's. It was not tested for wavelength but RHD did some wavelength tests and he came out with about an average of 450nm if I remember correctly which was a little higher than the average A140.:beer:

That's quite a nice laser you got there. The graph seems to show you have a very stable build. Can you run this longer than a minute without it getting to hot?

ENX

Wow! That is really nice!!!
How about some beamshots?

Yob - What driver did you use?

It has a dual flex drive set up thermal epoxied to heat sink thermal epoxied to the driver pill.

Just did another LPM test with a freshly charged battery and got a peak of 2527mW! :drool:

Not specifically. I've built so many ehgemus lasers lately that it is hard for me to remember each ones current individually. I can tell you it's over 1.8A.