Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1x 10440 red laser build

any plans to go smaller I could help you... it will require a lava drive V5 PM me

You are doing this on purpose or what?

Dude, I've pointed it out like , senntillion times on this forum:

I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY FLEXDRIVE

Now after we made that clear, let's make one more thing clear:

I DO NOT NEED FLEXDRIVE

Hell yeah, I will defiently try to find some smaller and nice looking hosts, and I do not need flexdrive thank you very much, because I'll build the whole damn thing for the price of one flex. OK?

Anyway thank you for the offer, sir!

BTW,Eudaimonium. Doesn't that laser at 350ma running on i 3.7v, eat the batt really quickly?

Yup that us the one.
Yes the battery life is not quite amazing, but it does the job, I just built myself another of those and so far, it runs great. Burning power very good an' all, it is with Rayfoss module, ARC glass lens and thing.

BTW, it is not the diode in the pic, it is a small SMD cap I got from DVD burner electronics, the IDE interface board, biggest one, it is a gold mine for small SMD conponents. Also I found 2.0 Ohm and 0.47 ohm resistors... guess what values I need for 100 mA and 400 mA regulation on my LM3410 :D

Yup that us the one.
the IDE interface board, biggest one, it is a gold mine for small SMD conponents. Also I found 2.0 Ohm and 0.47 ohm resistors... guess what values I need for 100 mA and 400 mA regulation on my LM3410 :D

Tell me about it. I have pending thousands of those from dvd players and computers i took apart, but haven't soldered off yet--and that's a headache:gun:. I just can't tell which ones to use though. If i am to use a set current, then a resistor is not needed (right?) -since the AMC7135 already gives 350ma, and i just need the little diode then. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And what i don't understand is if this is so small that in can fit inside the module itself, why buy the flex? I know it is professionally made, and has a regulator. Is there a pending con with this small project? Any possible future negatives with this 'driver'?

Last edited:
Tell me about it. I have pending thousands of those from dvd players and computers i took apart, but haven't soldered off yet--and that's a headache:gun:. I just can't tell which ones to use though. If i am to use a set current, then a resistor is not needed (right?) -since the LM1117 already gives 350ma, and i just need the little diode then. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And what i don't understand is if this is so small that in can fit inside the module itself, why buy the flex? I know it is professionally made, and has a regulator. Is there a pending con with this small project? Any possible future negatives with this 'driver'?
Nope, the driver used us AMC7135, not LM1117.

The resistors I mentioned is for my boost converter project, LM3410, as they are from same source as small capacitors I use in AMC drivers shown in this thread.

I mean AMC7135. Yes, post corrected. So basically all you have on that pic of the LD, is the AMC7135, and the little diode?

It ain't a diode!! :crackup:

It is a small SMD capacitor across LD to smooth out spikes... you know, common capacitor usage!

And yeah, that is all there is, AMC chip, and a small cap.

Sorry i cant really tell from the pic. But alright a cap. Thanks for the clarification. :beer: I'll have to give this a go and see how it is! Only problem. Gotta buy the AMC pack off DX....

Also real quick-you mention in the first post it is suitable for 1x10440. Why can't it have 2x?

Because total maximum input voltage for AMC7135 regulator is 6V. It might burn out if two lithiums are used. But if you have space for two lithiums, you can use two 1.5 V alkalines, they also do the job! (Minimum input voltage is about 2.7 V if I'm not mistakin', look up the datasheet)

Good luck with your build! :beer:
It might be kinda tough to desolder those chips off their PCBs for first few times, unless you have hot air rework station handy.

Thanks! Oh, actually I'm back already :whistle:. I started to follow the schematic of the LM317 (obviously not using it though, just following the basic setup) then looked at your pic, and was like??? I need to ask, what's going on with the LD pins? Where are they connected, do you have it case +? I cant quite see what's going on. I just want to know what you did--i'm a visual person,so i like to have schematics, and pics.

AMC regulator is very different from LM regulators.

The right pin is connected to both +LD and +batt,
Middle pin is connected to -batt
left pin is connected to -LD

So yeah, it is a negative side driver and you need to insulate the host from diode in any case!