Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W Blue Laser

I am interested in buying a 1W Blue Laser. I am currently stuck between the Arctic from Wickedlasers and the Spartan from Dragonlasers. The Arctic seems appealing because of the host and the Spartan just seems sturdy.

Which one do you guys recommend? I am also looking to buy some "addons" for the laser (optics, lense, etc)

If I buy from WL or DL today, will I receive the laser by 9/14?

also if you are looking for 1watt, the Arctic is no bueno. i do not know about dragon lasers.

michael.

Arayan

Everything which I read seems to suggest that the DL Spartan is better

I heard it is sturdier

The 1W Spartan someone here got (can't remember the name) holds over 905mW for ten minutes straight, it was only <1W for a period of one minute, which began around 1:30 and ended around 2:30 in the ten minute period, my money is on the Spartan :shhh: I would think you would get it before 09/14/10.

The 1W Spartan someone here got (can't remember the name) holds over 905mW for ten minutes straight, it was only <1W for a period of one minute, which began around 1:30 and ended around 2:30 in the ten minute period, my money is on the Spartan :shhh: I would think you would get it before 09/14/10.

What do you mean 1:30 and 2:30. These are times?

Have you considered CNI's PGL-C-447 laser as well? I say forget about WL's arctic and choose between CNI and dragonlaser. I would personally go for the CNI because of the safety features and the looks of the host, but in the end the decision is yours... Good luck!

Have you considered CNI's PGL-C-447 laser as well? I say forget about WL's arctic and choose between CNI and dragonlaser. I would personally go for the CNI because of the safety features and the looks of the host, but in the end the decision is yours... Good luck!

How much are they and where can I buy one from?

Oh, should have been more specific, my bad. He ran it for ten minutes straight, and during that time the power was listed in thirty second intervals, I'll look for the thread, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Edit: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/dragon-lasers-1w-spartan-54013.html

Oh wow thank you, that is really comprehensive

The group buy currently going on has them for sale, but the max they will offer is 500mW.

How much are they and where can I buy one from?

You can get them from their website: Green laser, Blue laser, Infra Red laser, IR laser, UV DPSS laser.. The 1 Watt version of the laser is not stated in their product description. You will have to send them an email regarding the 1 W model. I inquired about if before purchasing a 445 myself and the 1 W laser turned out to be 330 $ without shipping. Their only downside is shipping because they charge a hefty amount for it, but maybe that's just because I'm an international buyer.

You should stick to 3v max batteries. The LiFePo4 seem to work well in the 1W Spartan, and you can get two and a charger for ~$30 from all-battery.com