Laser pointer forums - discuss laser pointers and laser technology. Read and write laser pointer reviews. Freely discuss companies that sell laser pointers.

Laser Pointers

Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums!


Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Green Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Blue Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Red Lasers
Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Yellow Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Purple Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Orange Lasers
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes



Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Lasers > Companies

cnilaser
View Poll Results: Which laser company is better?
Dragon Lasers 34 82.93%
Wicked Lasers 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
pasleyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Alright guys, which company offers better lasers as a whole? What are the strengths of each company?
__________________
My Collection


Wicked Lasers 130mW Evolution Pro (Overspec 175mW)

Wicked Lasers Core 5mW

RadioShack Green 5mW (Pot Modded to 58mW)

Novophone Green 5mW (IR Filter Removed and Pot Modded to 51mW)


2.57 Watt 447nm Variable Power Portable Laser in Large MagLite Host (SD Card Program and Power Selection) Program it from my CP

5 Custom 10mW Red FOR SALE

1 Custom Copper Host 150mW Red FOR SALE
pasleyt is offline  




Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Class 3B Laser
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,713
Rep Power: 102
Prototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond reputePrototype has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

They both use CNI modules (at least for the greens) but Dragon has superior customer service. Wicked has better looking hosts for the most part, so it's kind of a draw between common hosts and good customer service vs. neat hosts but poor customer service.
Prototype is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
pasleyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

I agree. Wicked Lasers could have talked to their customers much more after the arctic issues, and they still fail to respond to most. They should at least let us know where they are at with everything, I like their lasers a lot, and I would hate to lose their trust.
__________________
My Collection


Wicked Lasers 130mW Evolution Pro (Overspec 175mW)

Wicked Lasers Core 5mW

RadioShack Green 5mW (Pot Modded to 58mW)

Novophone Green 5mW (IR Filter Removed and Pot Modded to 51mW)


2.57 Watt 447nm Variable Power Portable Laser in Large MagLite Host (SD Card Program and Power Selection) Program it from my CP

5 Custom 10mW Red FOR SALE

1 Custom Copper Host 150mW Red FOR SALE
pasleyt is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Class 3R Laser
 
Arayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,734
Rep Power: 87
Arayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond reputeArayan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
They both use CNI modules (at least for the greens) but Dragon has superior customer service. Wicked has better looking hosts for the most part, so it's kind of a draw between common hosts and good customer service vs. neat hosts but poor customer service.
I agree and, furthermore, Wicked Laser has very good safety glasses
__________________
My Lasers
80 mW, 405 nm Elitelasers
5 mW, 405 nm Elitelasers
2.5W, 445 nm by Yobresal
Worlds most powerful handheld 4.9W 445nm by ARGLaser Link
>80 mW, 473 nm CNI-style handheld laser SOLD
160 mW, 532 nm, Optotronics pen SOLD
Focusable 150 mW, 532 nm
5 mW, 532 nm, Laserglow Anser
2 mW, 594 nm, Laserglow Rigel-2 SOLD
380 mW, 635 nm, the Copperhead by Wolfman Link
170 mW, 650 nm from jeffreythe00 Link
double beam pointer <5 mW, 650 nm ; 532 nm, Z-Bolt
<400 mW (220 mW) 808 nm Armlaser
KW-range 1064 nm pulsed YAG laser "gun" from AnselmoFanZero Link
40W, 10600 nm DIY CO2 laser Link
Safety glasses for each wavelength described above



Trust me, I'm a biologist!!
Arayan is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
pasleyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

I am trying to debate which is better. My Shade 5 Welding glasses are much better than my Wicked Lasers safety glasses. I mean I can stare directly at a damn arc with them.
__________________
My Collection


Wicked Lasers 130mW Evolution Pro (Overspec 175mW)

Wicked Lasers Core 5mW

RadioShack Green 5mW (Pot Modded to 58mW)

Novophone Green 5mW (IR Filter Removed and Pot Modded to 51mW)


2.57 Watt 447nm Variable Power Portable Laser in Large MagLite Host (SD Card Program and Power Selection) Program it from my CP

5 Custom 10mW Red FOR SALE

1 Custom Copper Host 150mW Red FOR SALE
pasleyt is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #6
Class 1M Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The uncertainty principle prevents an accurate response here.
Posts: 151
Rep Power: 7
cistercian is a jewel in the roughcistercian is a jewel in the roughcistercian is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

I have bought a core and 2 Evo Pros from Wicked.
I purchased the core for a present and tested it first.It arrived with black stuff all over it, so I cleaned it up and tested it.It is, hands down, the best 5mw green pen I have ever used.I really, really liked it.Beautiful in form and function.
I next purchased an Evo Pro in 40mw.It is an epic laser.I really love the AA power.I just purchased a 100mw Evo Pro.It is also Epic grade.I love it.

The Evos are less expensive now than the vipers at Dragonlasers when you compare similar powers.Shipping seems similar in cost too.But for me, The Evos win for AA power alone.I also like the larger host that has better heatsinking ability.
I have not owned or checked any other Wicked models, so this is all the experience I have.But I really like their products.

The Arctic debacle is unfortunate to say the least.Being on the bleeding edge is not all it is cracked up to be.Unit fails, communication fails, etc are very troubling.I guessed the greens would be outside of the debacle zone and paid 149.95 plus 18 shipping for my 100mw Evo.And it turned out great for me!But I would wait six months at least to try to buy an Arctic or the out of stock 405nm offerings...My guess is that given time, the bugs will get worked out and later non-deluge products will be better.

I know many on this forum have serious issues with Wicked...some of them very serious indeed.But I like them.I am 3 out of 3 so far.
I hope the quality comes way up on the Arctics. And I hope everyone is made whole who has claims in.
cistercian is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:36 AM   #7
Class 3B Laser
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 4,366
Rep Power: 540
Trevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond reputeTrevor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arayan View Post
I agree and, furthermore, Wicked Laser has very good safety glasses
...have you been reading about the ones that came with the Arctic?

-Trevor
__________________
There's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore.

Code:
23:10 <ARG>    nothing has blown up yet :)
23:10 <Trevor> that is a distressingly low standard for success
Trevor is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Flomotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Flomotion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
I have not owned or checked any other Wicked models, so this is all the experience I have.But I really like their products.

The Arctic debacle is unfortunate to say the least.Being on the bleeding edge is not all it is cracked up to be.Unit fails, communication fails, etc are very troubling.I guessed the greens would be outside of the debacle zone and paid 149.95 plus 18 shipping for my 100mw Evo.And it turned out great for me!But I would wait six months at least to try to buy an Arctic or the out of stock 405nm offerings...My guess is that given time, the bugs will get worked out and later non-deluge products will be better.

I know many on this forum have serious issues with Wicked...some of them very serious indeed.But I like them.I am 3 out of 3 so far.
I hope the quality comes way up on the Arctics. And I hope everyone is made whole who has claims in.
I agree, I would not want to be in WL shoes right now. I have a G2 ordered, and I expect it within 2 weeks, really. Received an email, Saturday, and I believe they are finally digging out of the hole. The whole problem was the WWW. posting articles about the "Light Sabre." 15 year olds from all over the planet wanted them.

They (Steve) will learn from this, and may emerge stronger, me thinks.
Flomotion is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
Class 1M Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The uncertainty principle prevents an accurate response here.
Posts: 151
Rep Power: 7
cistercian is a jewel in the roughcistercian is a jewel in the roughcistercian is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomotion View Post
I agree, I would not want to be in WL shoes right now. I have a G2 ordered, and I expect it within 2 weeks, really. Received an email, Saturday, and I believe they are finally digging out of the hole. The whole problem was the WWW. posting articles about the "Light Sabre." 15 year olds from all over the planet wanted them.

They (Steve) will learn from this, and may emerge stronger, me thinks.
I agree.When defects were pointed out by the users who got test lasers from them a while back, they addressed the concerns.One example is documentation.My original Evo had no instructions on battery polarity.The 100mw Evo I just received had an excellent little book with it.Very slick.
They are responsive...but it takes time.
cistercian is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
Class 1M Laser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 16
denodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasleyt View Post
I agree. Wicked Lasers could have talked to their customers much more after the arctic issues, and they still fail to respond to most. They should at least let us know where they are at with everything, I like their lasers a lot, and I would hate to lose their trust.
Well I have an Arctic, was going well for 4 days now crapped out and now junk. I have emailed them for a replacment, no answer, so I warn everyone, if you get a faulty Arctic they won't replace it, as they never get back to you.

Dragon lasers answer all your question and sure if you get a faulty laser they will replace it, unlike WL.
denodan is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
pasleyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Yeah they needed to be prepared. They were very unprofessional.
__________________
My Collection


Wicked Lasers 130mW Evolution Pro (Overspec 175mW)

Wicked Lasers Core 5mW

RadioShack Green 5mW (Pot Modded to 58mW)

Novophone Green 5mW (IR Filter Removed and Pot Modded to 51mW)


2.57 Watt 447nm Variable Power Portable Laser in Large MagLite Host (SD Card Program and Power Selection) Program it from my CP

5 Custom 10mW Red FOR SALE

1 Custom Copper Host 150mW Red FOR SALE
pasleyt is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #12
Class 1M Laser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 16
denodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomotion View Post
I agree, I would not want to be in WL shoes right now. I have a G2 ordered, and I expect it within 2 weeks, really. Received an email, Saturday, and I believe they are finally digging out of the hole. The whole problem was the WWW. posting articles about the "Light Sabre." 15 year olds from all over the planet wanted them.

They (Steve) will learn from this, and may emerge stronger, me thinks.
Doubt it, they have damaged their reputation. All those people, like me with faulty Arctics will it seem not get replacments as they don't read emails. The Arctic inside is junk, there is someone here took one apart and is junk inside. Many have received Arctics with dents, scuff marks, and very poor QC indeed.

This is a rushed product, and seems I am not the only one with a faulty Arctic? Will WL see us right? don't think so, so have allready lost faith in them, there reputation now for many is in doubt.

And with the Sonar's also being delayed I feel this will also be a rushed poor product. WL has dug a big hole, and many won't deal lwith them again, and accually got refunded due to could not wait for the Arctic.

They are now the worst company around and their quality has gone out the door, the Arctic proves they now produce junk, and the Sonar, with all the delays will follow in the Arctic footsteps, junk and no QC,and not replament faulty lasers.

I want to deal with a company and know if my laser is faulty it can be replaced, WL is not a company now that replaces faulty lasers.
I got a focusable green 200mw laser from DX, my first one was faulty and was replaced no trouble, and has been a very good laser since. Are all off us with faulty Arctics going to get them replaced?

Last edited by denodan; 08-16-2010 at 07:05 AM.
denodan is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
pasleyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

VERY well said.
__________________
My Collection


Wicked Lasers 130mW Evolution Pro (Overspec 175mW)

Wicked Lasers Core 5mW

RadioShack Green 5mW (Pot Modded to 58mW)

Novophone Green 5mW (IR Filter Removed and Pot Modded to 51mW)


2.57 Watt 447nm Variable Power Portable Laser in Large MagLite Host (SD Card Program and Power Selection) Program it from my CP

5 Custom 10mW Red FOR SALE

1 Custom Copper Host 150mW Red FOR SALE
pasleyt is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 32
Rep Power: 0
W4NX will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Doubt it, they have damaged their reputation. All those people, like me with faulty Arctics will it seem not get replacments as they don't read emails. The Arctic inside is junk, there is someone here took one apart and is junk inside. Many have received Arctics with dents, scuff marks, and very poor QC indeed.

This is a rushed product, and seems I am not the only one with a faulty Arctic? Will WL see us right? don't think so, so have allready lost faith in them, there reputation now for many is in doubt.

And with the Sonar's also being delayed I feel this will also be a rushed poor product. WL has dug a big hole, and many won't deal lwith them again, and accually got refunded due to could not wait for the Arctic.

They are now the worst company around and their quality has gone out the door, the Arctic proves they now produce junk, and the Sonar, with all the delays will follow in the Arctic footsteps, junk and no QC,and not replament faulty lasers.

I want to deal with a company and know if my laser is faulty it can be replaced, WL is not a company now that replaces faulty lasers.
I got a focusable green 200mw laser from DX, my first one was faulty and was replaced no trouble, and has been a very good laser since. Are all off us with faulty Arctics going to get them replaced?
I bet DX wasn't dealing with the crapstorm WL put themselves in. How long has your laser been dead?
W4NX is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #15
Class 1M Laser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 16
denodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to beholddenodan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

Died Saturday afternoon, was going 4 days, when it went was a great burner, them beam was great, now my Spartan has just arrived into New Zealand, just hope I have better luck, if no I know at least Dragon lasers will replace it.
denodan is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
pasleyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dragon lasers vs. Wicked lasers

We should only hope WickedLasers sees a lot of other forums like this. They abolished PayPal as well didn't they?
__________________
My Collection


Wicked Lasers 130mW Evolution Pro (Overspec 175mW)

Wicked Lasers Core 5mW

RadioShack Green 5mW (Pot Modded to 58mW)

Novophone Green 5mW (IR Filter Removed and Pot Modded to 51mW)


2.57 Watt 447nm Variable Power Portable Laser in Large MagLite Host (SD Card Program and Power Selection) Program it from my CP

5 Custom 10mW Red FOR SALE

1 Custom Copper Host 150mW Red FOR SALE
pasleyt is offline  
Closed Thread








Database of Laser Pointer Companies




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On









Loading


laser pointer forums top

















Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Green Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Blue Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Red Lasers
Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Yellow Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Purple Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Orange Lasers
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2014 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC