Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 520nm Light Saber - Grandmaster Yoda Build

loreadarkshade

These past 2 weeks I custom built a 1w NUGM03T into a SaberForce light saber host.
This was for a customer. Sad, because this thing is AWESOME and I want one to hang on my wall now.

I machined aluminum parts to fit the diode into the host, and 3D printed some plastic components to fit the switch and driver.
I used existing battery trays and 3D printed a sleeve for it to fit the correct diameter of the host.
I used my own drivers from jlasers, the same boost driver that drives my 405nm, 450, 455, and 520nm lasers on my store.

The cool thing about this host is I included 2 battery trays, so the customer can use 3x AAA in series for 300mW or 3x 10440s in parallel for full 1W power.

The user can leave the plastic blade uninstalled to expose the collimated laser beam, or install the plastic blade and the laser beam diffuses into the blade.
Awesome how lucky that was!

If you guys want some of these, hit up my website @ jlasers.org
I plan on making more in the coming months. I have to get in touch with the manufacturer of the hilt.

They will go for around $300-500, not 100% sure yet.

_MG_8742.jpg_MG_8761.jpg
_MG_8774.jpg

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

Hey just a heads up, the 3P 10440 idea is not that good, if a customer by mistake puts say 2 cells fully charged and 1 that needs charging there will be a violent build up of heat that may even cause a runaway event, I would recommend a single quality 18350 instead, shorter and should fit where 3 10440s fit easily while being capable of up to 11A for the golisi IMR models I have with an 1100mAh capacity to boot, paralleling non-balanced lithium batteries with no protection circuit is extremely dangerous!!

Giannis_TDM

PS: you should be really careful about selling these in Canada cause the laser laws there are extremely strict, even as a kit form not fully assembled they are illegal to ship.