Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1w 445nm Stable lab laser

I am looking for a 1w 445nm lab style laser for use in a projector build. It must be able to run for a long time, analog modulation is preferred. Corrected beam a plus. Let me know what u got.

EDIT
I MADE MY PURCHASE,
Thank you all who made offers and who helped.

Last edited:

Re: WTB 1w 445nm Stable lab laser

Where are you located?

It can defiantly be done. If you don't mind international shipping (I live in Australia), I will be willing to build one for you.

-Adrian

Last edited:

I am looking for something already built, working, metered.... I live in USA, i dont mind shipping.

Im not looking for an 445 diode pressed into an axis module loaded into a zbolt heatsink, I can do that myself. But rather a nicely machined and encased module with good stability. Drivin by Flexmod P3 or similar analog modulation.

jeffd

I doubt anyone is going to have something like that ready to sell... Your best bet is getting someone to build you one, if you want analog modulation, corrected optics, and a encased module.

Try checking out Photonlexicon... They are dedicated more to laser scanners/projectors and you will probably have an easier time finding what you are looking for there.

I am looking for something already built, working, metered.... I live in USA, i dont mind shipping.

Im not looking for an 445 diode pressed into an axis module loaded into a zbolt heatsink, I can do that myself. But rather a nicely machined and encased module with good stability. Drivin by Flexmod P3 or similar analog modulation.

Do I look like someone who would press fit a diode into a aixiz module, place that into a z-bolt heatsink, and call it a lab laser?

You can build your own with a machined aluminum enclosure with 2 or 3 diodes knife edged with a P3 and corrective optics for about 3/4 the price of any already built laser you find on ebay / chinese sites.

as discusses on PL i sell 1watt modules with a 0.55mR beam.

fully sealed module including an AR window, driver included inside the build.

DSC_1009Medium.jpg

DSC_1014Medium.jpg

Price is always a buying factor andy_con...
Do you have one for the LPF members that don't go to PL..

Jerry

Last edited:
I very much wanted one of Andy_Con's lasers, however the asking price was a bit much for me, not unreasonable by any means, but just not the price range for a beginner scanner project.

I ended up going with:
Blue, 445nm 1000mW Industrial / lightshow diode laser | eBay
Was $250 /w analog modulation. Diode temp display. Output tested on Laserbee. Looks like a real nice unit. Thanks Dave for the recommendation.

Here were my other considerations:

Andy_Con's
My New Range of 445nm Modules
Looks like awesome builds, Corrected Beam. Analog Modulation. Everything you could want. Just a step out my price range, also would need to be shipped overseas.

O-like
Real 1W 445nm laser module/focusable/TTL [OL-445-1W] - $194.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
Was my first choice. After contacting Susie I asked if this unit had a duty cycle as there isnt much info on the website. She replied 60 seconds on and 120 seconds off. Also this unit is TTL Modulation only.

AixiZ
445nm 455nm 0-1000mw adj power analog modulation AC | eBay
This has analog modulation, and is the cheapest one i found. Just wasn't sold on the design and presentation. Says driver is set to 500mA, which leads me to believe it wasn't tested but is advertised as 1w.

Ill let you all know when my kit arrives, and will keep you updated on the build progress. Thanks again all who helped.

One thing on the laser driver that im concerned with is the modulation. It's 0-10V Modulation. I have limited knowledge of Sound Card DACs + Laserboy correction amps, but they appear to modulate 5v. Does this mean the gains on that channel will need to be adjusted to output 10v? Also does this mean my correction amp will require the bigger 12v DC-DC converter?

wait.... so whats the issue here with all of that again? As long as its heatsinked well, has an actual 1W optical output, and a decent method of culmination, your not going to be able to tell the difference once you put a box over it. Why the fuss?

Last edited:

wait.... so whats the issue here with all of that again? As long as its heatsinked well, has an actual 1W optical output, and a decent method of culmination, your not going to be able to tell the difference once you put a box over it. Why the fuss?

If you read a little further up... WUA wants to use it in a Laser
projector and run it using a sound card DAC...
He will need to control the Laser with an analog signal from
the DAC to get proportional control of the Laser's output..
Maybe for the 1st modulated laser he wants to get one from
someone that has done it before...
Not sure if bobhaha has built a modulated 1W 445nm Labby
before... Plus BHH is in Australia...

Jerry

Last edited:

Only because I plan on building a RGB Projector and space and tidyness is a great feature, however a heatsinked module is a heatsinked module.