Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 445nm Rayfoss

Quail

I'd be interested to see some action shots too. Also to see what the LPM says if anyone else has this and an LPM.

Paddy

Been looking at this one, would like a vid to take a better look though :undecided:

some pics

the first pic is from inside the host if you zoom in you can see the pot
the second pic is measured the power by one battery 18650 freshly recharged 4.18V you can see 0.32A
the third pic is measured the power by two 18650 all freshly recharged the amount 8.35V and you can read 0.73A
and the last pic is my chest burned with the two 18650 at ~60cm in few second with triplet lens AR coated 405 445nm from o-like and you can see it's rectangular dot.
I hope that for now it suits you :yh:

Attachments

• IMG_4400.JPG
    IMG_4400.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_4402.JPG
    IMG_4402.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4404.JPG
    IMG_4404.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 232

wbayw

My 445 works with one 18650 battery in a jayrob kit, it eats 900mA from the Battery, and 540mA at the diode. If this one doesn't consume 1A from battery, It can't do 1W output. For an 1W output you need the 1A at the diode. You need an >1A current draw from battery even if you use two batteries.

@wbayw:

What was the model# for the Rayfoss 1W 445nm that you bought? Faona has two models now.

Has anyone had a chance to LPM the Rayfoss 1W 445nm or the O-Like 1W 445nm pointers? I would buy and meter them myself if I had an LPM...:undecided: If there is LPM data on these already, please point me to it. Thanks!

wbayw

Mine isn't from Rayfoss. My 445 is a DIY with an 18650 aurora kit by jayrob and a140 diode. Mine has approx. 500 mW output with a 900mA current draw from the battery.

What? They sent you a briefcase? Lucky that didn't get checked out by customs o_O

Hey guys, i finally got my rayfoss in this week, the first one they sent me came in dead as i had mentioned before in this thread, i finally got it swapped out and this thing is very nice,

I will say that focusing it is a pain in the ass cause you gotta use that little focusing tool, ive been looking into ways to make it easier to focus..

at any rate i managed to make a short vid burning a couple matches both normally and the hard way.

YouTube - 1W 445nm Laser Match Burn

Ash

Hey guys, i finally got my rayfoss in this week, the first one they sent me came in dead as i had mentioned before in this thread, i finally got it swapped out and this thing is very nice,

I will say that focusing it is a pain in the ass cause you gotta use that little focusing tool, ive been looking into ways to make it easier to focus..

at any rate i managed to make a short vid burning a couple matches both normally and the hard way.

YouTube - 1W 445nm Laser Match Burn
Have you bent the focusing tool to a 90 degree angle so you can focus it while it's on?
Some have suggested that, and I don't see why it wouldn't make it a bit easier.
Alternately, you could have a member here (with a CNC machine) create a custom focusing knob (with two small pins) for you, but it would probably be sorta' expensive. :undecided:

yeah ive thought of a lot of those options.. i did bend the key 90 degrees for easier focusing but the simple need to have a tool or a 2nd accessory to focus it is a pain the key also falls out of the holes easily as they dont go very deep one handed focusing is out of the question. Right now im looking into having something machined to have a easier to use focus adapter. the current design doesnt leave much room for a easy to use focusing ring other than simply replacing the entire lens housing..