Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

18650 Powered Green Laser for Astronomy

Thanks. I guess I'll have to live with just a tail clickie for now :D

Hi, You can use a 501B and I can get the remote to fit it , They are 1" diameter and will fit weaver rings. A 1W 520 diode can be put in it also

Rich:)

I just now tried the 501B tail switch with the laser you linked to and they DO interchange. I'm sorry, but I had to dig it out of the bottom of a box full of lasers and get a tail cap from a 501B to try on it. So, if there is some remote switch on a 501B that you can find it should work fine with that laser.

The 502b tail cap will fit the 301-303 lasers but not the 501b

502b tailcap > https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-New-T...ash=item3a8b5d03af:g:fvUAAOxycmBS9nSg:rk:1🇵🇫0

501b tailcap > https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Tailc...ash=item1ee4f8f2cb:g:T70AAOSwjUxbPY5C:rk:1🇵🇫0

The laser OP linked to looks like a 501b tailcap but it could be a different dia.

OP's link > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/new...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.292.7a0e3c00zcuxQi

For the laser OP linked to above he wants to try this > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-R...sh=item4b2e644bca:g:IQMAAOSwsE1aF587:rk:11🇵🇫0

Last edited:
I have always felt good about helping people and I'm not bragging or anything, I'm just saying that it's always made me feel good when I can help someone by changing a tire, unlocking a car door when they shut their keys inside, banging on a starter to dislodge the bendix and get them going, it always makes me feel good to help ( when it's safe and with discursions ) and I know many other people feel the same way, also I don't mind being corrected when I get something wrong as for sharing information because with information I want very much to share good/accurate information so I welcome correction/education.

I really wish I had gone into medical research, I would love to know that I had helped advance mankind and reduce suffering but I let the here and now take control back in my school days and chose to work full time rather than going to college and as much as I believe we should enjoy life to the fullest we should remember that life is a balance, but sometimes it is difficult, still I am glad that I did a lot of the wild things I did and had the good times for time has gone by and what stands out in memory is not the daily same ole same but the bright spots that break up the routine.

Have you ever noticed how karma seems to be real, I say seems to be real because....well if it's real or not why not error on the good side when possible, besides it feels right. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
The laser linked in the OP is not a 301, 302 or 303 laser. It is a 501B sized host that already has a tail cap switch. That was the reason I didn't try the 501B tail cap with it when I first pulled mine out. But, I put it back in the bottom of a box full of lasers and didn't get around to checking it again until late.

The laser linked in the OP is not a 301, 302 or 303 laser. It is a 501B sized host that already has a tail cap switch. That was the reason I didn't try the 501B tail cap with it when I first pulled mine out. But, I put it back in the bottom of a box full of lasers and didn't get around to checking it again until late.
I said that and linked to the OP linked laser, I felt like including the extra info for anyone interested as 301 and 303 units are more common than the OP linked laser, also the OP laser may not be the same diameter at the tail cap threads as the 501b, the Chinese are bad about changing things from batch to batch and from copycat maker to the next, granted it looks like it should fit, but he will have to try and see.

Last edited:

Pregulls

I just now tried the 501B tail switch with the laser you linked to and they DO interchange. I'm sorry, but I had to dig it out of the bottom of a box full of lasers and get a tail cap from a 501B to try on it. So, if there is some remote switch on a 501B that you can find it should work fine with that laser.
That's great news and helps a lot. Thanks, much appreciated!