Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

18650 charging time?

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it through either search engine.

How long does the standard 18650 charger (supplied with an rpl or off dx) take to charge up a 2600mah 18650 batt?...I assume its trickle charging (duh), so in the 4-6 hour area, ive been waiting like an idiot an going into my shop room every 15 minutes to check out if its done :-/

Thanks
brtaman

No no, it's 2600mah from Opto.

I just thought you'd bought some 2600mah batteries, and I was wondering where you got them from :) Thanks for the links [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Pseudo supplies his prometheus lasers with Tenergy 2600mAh batteries.

Anyway, charging time can take forever! I powered one all the way down until the protection on my laser hit (this is with the tenergy battery and trustfire universal charger from DX) I put the battery on the charger around 5:00am and when I woke up at 1:30pm it still wasn't done!!! :eek: It took about another hour and a half after that for the light to be totally green. Talk about a long charge time. :eek:

No problem murudai :), the only problem is that they only send to US and Canada (I checked out their site..argh).

Ouch so 10 hours :O my god and I was thinking I needed no more than one battery...lol, I wasn't expecting an instant charge but damn ~10h...!?

I just checked the site out and it has specs for the charger:

Technical Specifications

* Power Input: AC110~240V, 50/60Hz
* Power Output: DC5.5V-350mA
* Charging time
800mAh: 3 hours
2000mAh: 8.5 hours
2200mAh: 9.5 hours
* Dimension: 3 13/16" x 2 3/8" x 1 5/16"
* Weight: 3.9oz charger and adaptor together

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=469

Damn I need to get my hands on a pair of protected tenergy batts :-/

brtaman

If your using them for DX 18650 batteries you need unprotected ones beause the protected are a bt longer and the cap does not screw back up fully, and forcing it to screw right up will damage your laser.

So I am sticking with unprotected batteries.

A decent well known brand, here is the link

http://www.eliteled.com/products/accessory/lithium-ion.html

I ordered 2 of them

Wished I had seen those unprotected 2600 mAh batteries would have gone for those instead, but at least unlike the cheap chiniese brands of batteries Panasonic does not over hype their mAh ratings, what it says you get.

The DX 150/200 use 18650 unprotected batteries, as I read they don't use the protected ones.

If you use protected they will work, but are bigger so won't screw up properly.

Here is a part of the review of the 200mW 18650 green laser:

Cons: - The diode near the button does not work
- the Protected batteries are longer. The cover is not screwed up up to the end
-The battery from the complete set does not hold a charge and is not charged
-At adjustment of focusing (in my laser) focus moves within the limits of 60mm from a diaphragm up to approximately 10v. In infinity the beam cannot be focused. In darkness it is precisely visible, as as much as possible focused beam all over again is narrowed, and then extends
-Aura around of a point. It is necessary to put glass lenses, instead of plastic
----NO IR FILTER!!!