Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

185mW Blu-Ray

You ARE going to wait until I'm down in CA to fire that thing back up, aren't you?

Road trip!!!

this is just a diode in a module w/ a rkcstr driver at 180ma ;D

Attachments

• PICT0084.JPG
    PICT0084.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 68

daguin

GooeyGus said:
You ARE going to wait until I'm down in CA to fire that thing back up, aren't you?

Road trip!!!

[crossed fingers]

But of course!  You know I wouldn't think of doing this without you here to enjoy it with me

[/crossed fingers]

ndrew2505 said:
this is just a diode in a module w/ a rkcstr driver at 180ma ;D

I have a huge heat sink here that Talaxo made me.  I should build a big burner in it.

I still have to build my 220mA hand held.

Peace,
dave

well FYI the "aluminum block" 803t ran stable last night at 137ma for at least 10 min with no appreciable heat build up.

*********** UPDATE*************
runs great at 140mA, It gets warm, only very slightly tho and it ran last night for at least 10 min at that power. i think im not going any higher. the beam is pretty and i don't wanna kill it, just yet anyway. When i get some new diodes, ill kill this one.

daguin

keeperx said:
well FYI the "aluminum block" 803t ran stable last night at 137ma for at least 10 min with no appreciable heat build up.

*********** UPDATE*************
runs great at 140mA, It gets warm, only very slightly tho and it ran last night for at least 10 min at that power. i think im not going any higher. the beam is pretty and i don't wanna kill it, just yet anyway. When i get some new diodes, ill kill this one.

Yeah. The heat really begins to become a factor at currents above 150mA. Keeping it below that current makes a significant difference in heat.

Peace,
dave

thats why i will be setting my tec build at 200ma :) lol

lets see how long it will laser. also it will be used in a projector so im shooting for hours of run time with analog modulation and also blanking