Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

160mW Dorcy Metal gear mod

Kenom --

The package wasn't specific but it uses one cr123 cell for 1 watt rated.

Mike

Kenom -

The strap wrench worked good. Is that a regulator circuit in there or just a contact ??

Mike

Kenom

it is a regulated circuit. You can take a screw driver and tilt the plastic sideways and it will take the plastic off for you to look at the driver in it.
usually those regulate right at 350ma. I've seen them go as high as 390ma though :(

Kenom --

This rainy day just ain't my day :( I broke the little inductor on the power board when I popped off that plastic funnel. Tried to solder what was left and broke the other lead----- Pulled out an old Elly light and trashed it for the coil and got the Dorcy working again. I'm using a 3.6 volt LiIon cell. Seems kinda bright ---
I measured 3.27 volts at 8oo mA on that LED star. That's about a watt :eek: :eek:
I added two diodes in series to up the volts and the supply was putting out 4.68 volts at 280 mA.
Not too bad a supply - I didn't run it long as the LED was warming up good....

Mike

Kenom

OUch. sorry to hear that mike. I've never had a problem popping the black funnel off but to be honest with you I've only done it once or twice. No need for me to get into it until I found out the current was too high. but I'm glad to see that you got it back up and running again 800ma is insane compared to what these normally put out. Man wanna talk about instant death for diodes. Now you can look at that and see if there is a way to put a pot in there to be able to "fine tune" the current to whatever we choose. If'n ya don't mind.

Welllllll ---
What if there's a LD out there what wants 4.5 volts ???
Sometimes, there's method to my madness ;D :D

Mike

Kenom

lol. I'm sure there will be. the bue ray diodes need that much don't they?

You're a damn mind reader !!!  Wrong forum  ;D
I will still need a current limiter of some kind but there's lots of room -- I may try that limiter (APC) sold by DigiKey for $14.......  Otherwise --- a resistor.

Mike

By the way -- This Dorcy is sold as a "Super 1 Watt" -- That's all it says.