Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12X S06J 405nm Diodes $54 Shipped US

DTR, I got your two lens the other day... the 3 ele one has a spring in it but, the G-2 does not, shouldn't they both have springs to keep tension on the focusing adjustment?

DTR

DTR, I got your two lens the other day... the 3 ele one has a spring in it but, the G-2 does not, shouldn't they both have springs to keep tension on the focusing adjustment?

The G-2 will not fit a spring as it has to get very close to the diode. A single wrap of Teflon on the top 1/3rd of the lens threads toward the focus ring should work very well. Just try to keep it up high to make sure no bits of Teflon get in the module.:beer:

I purchased two of these (diode in module with leads) from DTR and I am very satisfied with them. They're getting great output with a 3 element AR lens. DTR shipped them out extremely fast and was even nice enough to make a few adjustments to the wires that I needed done. Thanks DTR.

Heres the output I'm getting

graphwrite.aspx

Ordered, payment sent! Looking forward to slapping this in one of Mohrenberg's C6 kits, gonna run it at 428mA and see what happens! :beer:

EDIT: Got it today, looks excellent!

Last edited:
I have three of these, I just did a build with one at 478mA and a G-1 lens. 545 rock solid stable mW!

What do you expect the lifetime to be for this diode when you set the current to 487mA vs, 421mA? I was going to make a build using a single battery, but I don't know how long it would last @ 487mA. I'll prob stick with under 450mA like DTR suggested.

DTR

What do you expect the lifetime to be for this diode when you set the current to 487mA vs, 421mA? I was going to make a build using a single battery, but I don't know how long it would last @ 487mA. I'll prob stick with under 450mA like DTR suggested.

I am not sure anyone has made some life data on these.;)

Stix62

I thought i'd see how well one of these performed at 568mA.

For 20 seconds it was brilliant (hit 738mW with a G2), but then it died

I thought it might but I just had to find out...lol :D

I just did a build at 478mA using one of these diodes and probably have 20 minutes on it. I heat sinked it well. I'm getting ~540mW with a G-1from Jayrob which is a little less than I was hoping for but that was a quick measurement. I need to do a longer run to see if I can get a higher peak.

Last edited:

DTR

I thought i'd see how well one of these performed at 568mA.

For 20 seconds it was brilliant (hit 738mW with a G2 and was still climbing), but then it died

I thought it might but I just had to find out...lol :D

Man that sucks.:cryyy:

450mA is where I set all the ones I build.:beer:

I just did a build at 478mA using one of these diodes and probably have 20 minutes on it. I heat sinked it well. I'm getting ~540mW with a G-1from Jayrob which is a little less than I was hoping for but that was a quick measurement. I need to do a longer run to see if I can get a higher peak.

Sounds a little low but they will vary just like any other diode. I would say they will give from 550-650mW @ 450mA with a G-2 ;)

Last edited:

Stix62

Man that sucks.:cryyy:

450mA is where I set all the ones I build.:beer:

Sounds a little low but they will vary just like any other diode. I would say they will give from 550-650mW @ 450mA with a G-2 ;)

I did have another one running at 460 mA that peaked at 620mW but I gave that to my son a few days ago.
I've got another 405 diode sat here and a nice stainless host that needs filling, so I'll be building another as soon as some other 'parts' arrive :D

edit: Ooops, I just killed my sons one. I'm not sure how so please don't ask :na: (best bet - possible discharge from PSU or electrical short whilst I was pratting about trouble shooting)
I just replaced the diode and the new one's peaked at 677mW @ 460mA..ish, first run. I say 'ish' because it's only a cheap multimeter and I don't know how accurate it is.

Oh well, 2 more ordered. (One's a 'spare' - I'm bound to need it sooner or later) :D

second edit: Ordered at 20 mins to 8, in the post by 9 - I love it :D

Last edited: