Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12X in a pen??? YES

Epic read fail.

We need a forum that consists entirely of pictures for the less intelligent noobs :D

Nice build! I have a 10x @ 485mW in a pen-style housing (it used to be a UV test light) running off of two triple A batteries. The pen does get warm if the laser is used for long periods of time (greater than 30 seconds on).

Nice build! I have a 10x @ 485mW in a pen-style housing (it used to be a UV test light) running off of two triple A batteries. The pen does get warm if the laser is used for long periods of time (greater than 30 seconds on).

Cenobite, about how long do your batteries last? - i am about to build one myself. I have the host, diode, waiting for my drivers to arrive.

@CAM - The diode and batt and driver would not fit.

I would really like but like I said, can't afford it...

Have you made a thread in the B/S/T section? You'll get more attention there.

Hi Yob , I ended up building my 12x in a pen. Set to 520mA its putting out ~780mw.

I used a flexdrive this time.. with regular alkalines this build drops the power in about 10 seconds, I ended up using one 10440 and one alkaline thats almost depleted and it stays at full power. Because its in a pen it does get warm quicker than i like, but i'll just have to watch the duty cycle.

Lol, congrats on the build. I know this may sound ironic coming from me but you might want to turn that guy down some. I completely respect your decision on the power you have it at, but mine really didn't like that power in the pen. Also I could be wrong but I believe it to be bad practice to mix not only seperately voltages but also lithium and alkalines. Try a 10440 and a battery spacer. That should do the trick.

Yes, using a 3.6V lithium and a 1.5V alkaline is very bad. As one starts to go dead the other will try to charge the dead battery to keep it going. You'll just end up setting everything on fire.

Don't keep running that pen like that, you've killed enough 12X diodes already.

Free bump for an awesome deal from Yobresal!