Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

125 mW green (532 nm) handheld laser pointer

ped

Yeah, you said $130, which I was about to offer you.

i had it listed for $130; for whatever reason someone offered me $140 for it.

Last edited:
This is now still available for $130 (i pay shipping and tracking to US addresses). The person who was interested has been unresponsive for several days.

Would it be possible to have this laser tested for power output on a LPM? It would help a lot with your sale.

I don't know where I would find one of those. The laser ignites matches and can burn/cut black electrical tape, which is listed as one of the things that only the viper lasers above 95mW can do so its clear that if there is any power loss with this laser, it is insignificant to say the least. I have no reason to believe this laser doesn't output for the advertised 125mW.

I don't know where I would find one of those. The laser ignites matches and can burn/cut black electrical tape, which is listed as one of the things that only the viper lasers above 95mW can do so its clear that if there is any power loss with this laser, it is insignificant to say the least. I have no reason to believe this laser doesn't output for the advertised 125mW.

That is precisely why I would like to know its power output. You might have received an overspec laser that outputs more than the advertised 125mW power. If you don't own an LPM yourself, it would be great to find the closest member with one to test its power for you. This is not necessary, but it would definitely improve your chances of sale for what is offered.

The ability to light matches is no guarantee that the power is above 95mW. The same has been done with many 75mW green lasers. If you need a tester or middleman I can accommodate. Located in CA.

The ability to light matches is no guarantee that the power is above 95mW. The same has been done with many 75mW green lasers. If you need a tester or middleman I can accommodate. Located in CA.

Ya, I have ~70mw greenies that will light matches and cut electrical tape.

@checkers6676 , it is very difficult to sell any laser related item on a forum dedicated to lasers, where there are very knowledgeable and informed individuals, without any sort of real data.

Even though it is clearly in the ~80-125mw range (maybe more), I think the most anybody would be willing to gamble on this is ~$50, considering greenies in the spec range of yours can be had for less than that, with the same gamble. Would you rather gamble $50 or $130 for potentially the same spec?

Send it to yobresal to get LPM"ed. Thats your only chance at your asking price.

Paddy

Why do vipers have to be so sexy, i keep finding myself back in this thread but my wallet stops me :p

Ya, I have ~70mw greenies that will light matches and cut electrical tape.

@checkers6676 , it is very difficult to sell any laser related item on a forum dedicated to lasers, where there are very knowledgeable and informed individuals, without any sort of real data.

Even though it is clearly in the ~80-125mw range (maybe more), I think the most anybody would be willing to gamble on this is ~$50, considering greenies in the spec range of yours can be had for less than that, with the same gamble. Would you rather gamble $50 or $130 for potentially the same spec?

Send it to yobresal to get LPM"ed. Thats your only chance at your asking price.

Considering I have already offered free shipping and tracking to the buyer, sending it to get checked (with me paying that much more shipping) is a tad overkill on my wallet, especially considering I didn't buy this laser that long ago, brand new from dragonlasers. The laser clearly performs qualitative functions of a powerful laser, and there have already been comments that this sale is a good deal at $130 (remembering that included are two diffraction gratings from dragonlasers, battery charger, and a whole bunch of expensive high quality rechargeable batteries that I specifically bought for THIS laser based on a lot of different user reviews for laser pointer use.) Buying all this stuff new costed me in the neighborhood of $350.

Considering I have already offered free shipping and tracking to the buyer, sending it to get checked (with me paying that much more shipping) is a tad overkill on my wallet, especially considering I didn't buy this laser that long ago, brand new from dragonlasers. The laser clearly performs qualitative functions of a powerful laser, and there have already been comments that this sale is a good deal at $130 (remembering that included are two diffraction gratings from dragonlasers, battery charger, and a whole bunch of expensive high quality rechargeable batteries that I specifically bought for THIS laser based on a lot of different user reviews for laser pointer use.) Buying all this stuff new costed me in the neighborhood of $350.

Quite frankly, It does not matter what you paid for it, and Im sorry you overpaid!!

I originally paid $22k for my car, I have made several valuable additions to it as well. Tinted windows, Ultima gel battery I specifically bought for this car based on reviews of Ultima batteries, etc.. However, the most I would get out of it today, in pristine, low mile condition , would be about $5k !

Nobody is trying to knock you. Now that you know more about lasers, and the current market prices, put yourself in the shoes of the people you are trying to sell to!!

Pics of green lasers can greatly exaggerate their apparent brightness/power, and lighting a match from 1/4" away doesnt say much.

I originally paid $22k for my car, I have made several valuable additions to it as well. Tinted windows, Ultima gel battery I specifically bought for this car based on reviews of Ultima batteries, etc.. However, the most I would get out of it today, in pristine, low mile condition , would be about $5k !

What do you drive?

The $130 price is fair imo... if a buyer wants it tested, just add a bit more for one more round of shipping.

Diffraction gratings are cheap, but with what, 6? batteries and charger, that's easily another ~$20 in value.

$110 for the laser itself might be a more inviting option to some people though.

I can LPM it on the east coast (as can a whole bunch of other people) and I'm sure Luke would do the same on the west coast.