Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12-21-2012 ending of mayan calendar

Helios

2012 isnt the end of the mayan calendar it is the point at which it resets. Its based off of cyclical astrological events after all.

Last edited:

Aw, Man,,, Spoil sport.....

Yeah, party like it was 2011! Party, party, party.

Mayan-Calendar.jpg

Tonga

I think the calender maker got tired of working and said "pizz on it I'm done" and they probably said "you're next on the chopping block" and that was it!

I was recently watching some series on the history channel called ancient aliens. Basically they think aliens came to earth way back when and helped create man and build the pyramids. Those scientists think this calender was made with the help of aliens and that it either signifies some catastrophic event that the aliens wanted us to prepare for or it is when the aliens plan on coming back.

I would personally prefer the aliens coming back and showing us all how to live again.

I don't care if they are actual historians or not. Some of those theories are interesting to think about.

It makes sense that people back then could have mistaken aliens for gods.

^^^ ancient aliens is a cool program, it kind of does make you think what if...And if this could be verified, it may explain the many religious beliefs all over the world!:shhh:

Toke

Those Mayans showed centuries more foresight than those software engineers who made a calender that rolled over in 2000. :)

I am not sure why their "turn of a new cycle" would have to be an end of the world?
(except of course it makes for some cool doomsday prophecies:))

As for ancient aliens, it is possible, as long as it is kept too vague for proof/disproof and you don't expect an explanation for why they stay ancient. :)

Last edited: