Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10440's won't fit!

I was told by Jayrob that for a blu-ray build in his 3405 kit, I needed 10440 batteries. Well, there's only one problem, THEY'RE TOO BIG! I don't know what to do! I can't run the damn thing if I can't even get the batteries to fit in there! Somebody please help, what can I do? Trim the spring?

Yes, trim the springs....but not too much. Cut a little at a time.

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought about it, but the springs wouldn't 'cut' The would only bend, not break. Quite irritating.

TTerbo

use side cutters. why do you need two threads asking the same thing. and if they dont fit how do you know you have a problem with your diode
? is it working now?

I was using 3 AAA's when it wasn't working, but I had the driver hooked up and put 6V on it and it worked (I guess I just didn't have enough pwer with 4.5V). I didn't start 2 threads for the same question. I made one thread for my build, and another thread for a quick response on the issue.

TTerbo

hmm ok well you still might get an answer on that thread, btw you dont want tp rush a build.
cheers

This was all I had left, this diode. I had drier set and everything. But guess what? I GOT IT! :D It's set at ~110mA and it's a burning beast! desk, pliers, chared paper. Haven't tried matches or balloons, but super visibility in dark areas, it's like a purple line! and if I set it down and go where the dot is, it's SUPER bright, like as bright as the dot itself. I LOVE this thing, it's so kickass!

daguin

I'll try, OFF TO MY OTHER THREAD!

First, check to see if there is a little "nub" on the side of the battery slot that is keeping the battery from setting all the way up against the contact point. Some of them have a small "keeper" (the nub) to hold the standard AAA battery in place. If it has little nubs, break them off.

If not, are you using "protected" 10440's. The carriage may only be large enough for unprotected 10440's.

Peace,
dave

TTerbo

hey daguin what are your thought on lithium c123a batteries
cheers

daguin

hey daguin what are your thought on lithium c123a batteries
cheers

I think that they are cylindrical LOL!

Sorry, tension beaker.

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Could you try asking again in a different way?

Peace,
dave

TTerbo

lol thanks. heres the better question, how well do they perform compareed to the usual batteries. i have like 4 of them 3,v each apart from being a bit fat they arelithium photo batteries so i think they will be ok.
cheers

daguin

lol thanks. heres the better question, how well do they perform compareed to the usual batteries. i have like 4 of them 3,v each apart from being a bit fat they arelithium photo batteries so i think they will be ok.
cheers

Lithium batteries are fine for use in lasers. Just make sure that the build does not allow them to short out against the body. Also know the voltage at full charge to stay within the limits of the driver you are using

Peace,
dave

I think that they are cylindrical LOL!

Sorry, tension beaker.

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Could you try asking again in a different way?

Peace,
dave

Are they? Well, I'll be damned, and all this time I thought they were cubes...huh.:crackup:

10440's are MUCH MUCH safer with the protection circuit intact. It's easy to overdischarge these stupid things.

and don't buy cr123 at the store, get them online. walgreens: $15 for a single. Internet: 13 for $15.