Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW NewWish Laser

K

kcomptonjr

i just got a new 100mw Green laser from ebay. its a NewWish laser. it does have an ir filter, and its thick, not a pen style, but a flashlight style. its is running continously at 96mW. it is pot modable.
email me for anything at kcomptonjr@gmail.com

if its doing 96 thats excellent do not pot mod it repeat do not pot mod it
if its doing 50 or even 70 , leave it be .I suggest never pot modding it just be happy it works pot modding is usually bad for newish lasers  :'( but 96 is very strong leave it alone  ;D ;)

Ace82

I long ago got a RPL 225 from Optotronics.  It too has an ir filter, mines thicker then yours,  running continuously at 246mW and it is not pot modable.  You can email me for anything at mylasersbetter_lolwoot@stfu.com

Edit: sorry if that sounded mean, it's just a joke.

K

kcomptonjr

Thanks for responding. my laser was 120 dollars, is and is well made. the case is all anodized/poweder coated aluminum. the beam divergence is 1.5-1.6 mRad. i definately am not going to pot mod it, cause that would be a waste. i really love lights, and i do the lighting for my school. when im ready, i will probably get a 300-400 mW techlasers laser, or something equal. but for now, this will do, cause it can hit the clouds (4 miles) and probably way further.

question: what do u think of beam expanders, or lenses that correct or lower the beam divergence???

remember, kcomptonjr@gmail.com

Yea, beam expanders are really nice. I'm considering to pick one up myself from www.dragonlasers.com , as that one from there is pretty cheap. It says that you can get down to about 0,1 mRad with that particular one. :cool: Imagine that, if you shine it on a building 1 kilometer away, it will still only be a 10cm dot! :eek:
Don't go the techlasers way, they have the worst reputation possible, even worse than Wickedlasers. As Diachi said, go with Opto and get an RPL. Sure they cost more than an equivalent TL laser, but they are always overspec, and the service is extremely good. :)

Ummm... have to ask this...

WHY post your email adresses in a public forum? That is just an invitation saying "Hey! I'd like an email box full of spam!" ::)

Much better to say "If you'd like to communicate via Email, PM me"....

K

kcomptonjr

well, i have decided, 100mW are nice, but the beam sux. i am going for optotronics, mainly because: sickest looking body, best beam pattern, cheapest, made in USA... so the RPL-450 Should be out soon

Attachments

• optotronics_005.jpg
    optotronics_005.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 106
K

kcomptonjr

new update by me
i am going to get the RPL-300, which is a nice laser, it can light cigaretts. its beam is really tight, and its powerful enough to incorperate into a scanner. i am going to get the reduced warenty, the laser certification, and i am going to make my own laser glasses, out of stage lighting jells, rated at pure red

kcomptonjr said:
new update by me
i am going to get the RPL-300, which is a nice laser, it can light cigaretts. its beam is really tight, and its powerful enough to incorperate into a scanner. i am going to get the reduced warenty, the laser certification, and i am going to make my own laser glasses, out of stage lighting jells, rated at pure red
NO! BAD NEWBIE! You should NEVER make your own goggles, buy some from wickedlasers, or even better, novalasers.

happytomato said:
[quote author=kcomptonjr link=1224603133/0#11 date=1229143798]new update by me
NO!  BAD NEWBIE! You should NEVER make your own goggles, buy some from wickedlasers, or even better, novalasers.[/quote]
Stage lighting jells wont block enough green light to protect your eyes. If you can afford to buy an RPL, you can sure as hell buy some certified safety glasses.

kcomptonjr said:
Thanks for responding. my laser was 120 dollars, is and is well made. the case is all anodized/poweder coated aluminum. the beam divergence is 1.5-1.6 mRad. i definately am not going to pot mod it, cause that would be a waste. i really love lights, and i do the lighting for my school. when im ready, i will probably get a 300-400 mW techlasers laser, or something equal. but for now, this will do, cause it can hit the clouds (4 miles) and probably way further.

question: what do u think of beam expanders, or lenses that correct or lower the beam divergence???

remember, kcomptonjr@gmail.com
DO NOT GET TECHLASERS!!!
They are lying, scamming, dirtbags...

diachi

kcomptonjr said:
well, i have decided, 100mW are nice, but the beam sux. i am going for optotronics, mainly because: sickest looking body, best beam pattern, cheapest, made in USA... so the RPL-450 Should be out soon

RPLs are not made in the USA. They are made in china by a company called Viasho.

-Adam