Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100-200mw green 532nm 3v module LPM Results listed and shipped in/from USA IN STOCK

Question about these modules.

I have two of these modules from the original sale. One is great, the other is still being evaluated.

I have the great one mounted in a Phobos host from eudaimonium.

I had to do a little work, but I am able to get a 3.0v CR123A (ten for $20 on Amazon) in the host and if I short across the momentary-on/off button and screw the endcap on the laser, it works, but the clicky does not turn it on or off. It just stays on until you unscrew the end cap.

If I remove the short wire, then the laser does not come on.

Anyone able to tell me how to wire this thing up to use the end cap clicky? Thanks!

Phobos Green by tsteele93, on Flickr

Last edited:

Your end cap must not but opening the circuit up to shut off the power meaning the switch is not working right or there is a short some where causing it to stay on, the negative will always be connected through the spring bounce. You have done the right thing by jumping where the button goes on the module, to use your own external switch. The module gets positive from its case and that comes from the battery in the back where your switch is, and if the switch was working properly and opening up to stop current flow it should turn off for you so maybe your battery is touching something it should not be or your switch is not disengaging/working correctly. Test your switch by its self with a multi meter and make sure its working how it should open and closed, then check out how the battery touches the end cap/switch making sure nothing is being shorted out to the side of the case or end cap or connecting where it should not be.

I think that I see the problem! Thanks, you have pointed me the right wy. I think I have a short on the clicky!

Yup there is not much else wrong it could be with everything else working correctly the way you described it.
Glad i could help guide you in the right direction, hope you enjoy the laser build. Looks good i like it a lot very nice compact sleek design with what looks to be great heat dissipation from the heat sink which would be the whole host it self :) did you mill that piece yourself on a lath? I would be interested in that host if i could get my hands on one :)
Hey if you do not mind could you send me some pictures of the 635nm build you have done to my email address (eggman1345@yahoo.com) and any info you wanna give me about the build and where you got all the parts from driver diode module housing how you built the host ect ect, i want to do a 635 build and was gonna be happy with about 300mw but you got 485mw if this is still within a reasonable price i would be interested to know anything and everything.
Thanks again

Last edited:
I didn't do the 635. If you are talking about the 1.1 watt 635 we have been discussing today, that would be legendary builder LAZEERER. You can PM him or comment in his thread. I only hope to achieve builds like that some day.

If you are talking about the 635 in my sig, that is legendary builder RHD!

The host I used for this build is Eudaimoniums Phobos host. It is really excellent and compact and with the heat sinking that I am getting, I am feeling no heat at all so far from your green module. I have a feeling that this is going to result in a very long duty cycle!

I will post a review in a moment when the pics upload. I'll add the link here.

Last edited:
I checked out the link to the build you did with one of my modules it looks great, good job!
yes i was talking about the 635nm in your sig that puts out 485+mw im interested in any build info you know about it and where the modules come from and what driver is used to power it. Id also like to know how much that one set you back $$ beam shots would be cool to see also. Again send any info to my e-mail if you can to try and keep this thread a little cleaner.
I also looked into that sleek host very nice and with a decent price i may have to get one soon to check it out and see what i could do with it, not sure if i would put in a green modules or toss in a 445, or maybe even a 635nm if it all fits.
Thanks again and good job on the build.

@Brenner you were talking about different battery chemistries and what to use what single cells are 3.0V and have you ever used NiZn batteries? PowerGenix makes these I may just buy some of these to try them out.

@Brenner you were talking about different battery chemistries and what to use what single cells are 3.0V and have you ever used NiZn batteries? PowerGenix makes these I may just buy some of these to try them out.

PowerGenix is developing next generation AA cells. Stay tuned – availability is expected in second half of 2012.

Hey everyone i had a lot of work cut out for me when the laser modules got in stock i am just now today catching up with everything so if you have ordered any laser modules and have not got them yet or tracking info is not linked on PayPal yet they are packaged up and will be sent out tomorrow. Sorry about any delays.
Thanks again for you patience and understanding.

Hey everyone i had a lot of work cut out for me when the laser modules got in stock i am just now today catching up with everything so if you have ordered any laser modules and have not got them yet or tracking info is not linked on PayPal yet they are packaged up and will be sent out tomorrow. Sorry about any delays.
Thanks again for you patience and understanding.

You just might wanna take #8 off your list... as it's paid for allready.

Thanks for catching that, i had thought i already removed it when you had the payment sent but i clearly did not do it. Much appreciated.
Sales are moving a little slow this time, i know there were some people waiting on these to come in, WHERE ARE YOU? come out come out where ever you are!
Is anyone interested in getting some of these green modules PM me maybe we can work out some slight discounts on the cheaper modules depending on what your looking for just shoot me a pm and ill let you know what i can do.

Quick question, does anyone know if they make a battery the same size as an 18650 3.7-4.2v but has an operating voltage of 3v? Or will i have to use a resistor or diode to lower the voltage to 3v? If this is my only option can someone tell me aprox what size i would need to lower the voltage to between 3-3.4v when using one of my modules? or point me in the direction to where i could calculate or get the information i need. I have a lot of project ideas and a lot of 18650 batteries that would be nice to use for the extended life and power output.
Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Here ya go, LiFePO4

www.batteryspace.com

Charger,

www.kaidomain.com

Oh and the answer to the voltage drop question was in your thread.
I installed the module is a custom made brass host, using a 10440 battery and 1N4001 diode for voltage drop.

Not a big deal asking questions but I found this stuff buy using the search bar at the bottom of the forum page.

Last edited:
Thanks that is exactly what i was looking for. I already have a lot of 18650 batteries but there 3.7v and i have a couple charges it looks like i can use the same charger for the 3.2v as well. That will save me a little money. These will be great for some of the builds with green modules that house an 18650 battery its slightly over 3v and should be perfect for a 3v module when under load i will get maximum power from it.
Thanks again for the info much appreciated.

All I can say is, Wow! this module is awesome. The beam is so thin and powerful, I wired it up shortly after opening the package and before I noticed it started burning the black rim of my turtle tank. Clearly visible beam with the lights on and even more awesome in the dark. +1 to you