Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10 pin Laser Diode

i found a 10 pin laser diode and was wondering have to wire it. it has this on the side 30m1f7jt
i have pics of it

I'll take a stab at it and guess its from a laptop dvd-rom drive, and not a dvd-rw? If it is from a dvd-burner (actually writes to dvd), then keep it and wait for a more experienced member to pipe in. If its from a read-only dvd drive...don't waste your time. I killed one and i could barely see it when it flashed before it died.

Also, I'm pretty sure those 10 pins contain a red laser and a ir laser pin. And if i recall correctly the red laser is case negative. hope this helps.

It could be safe to test it with a couple button cells to see if it faintly lights up, but don't try it until someone confirms.

Hey LD use the "modify" button on your original post to add more comments instead of posting twice.

Forum etiquette is to add an "EDIT" for after thoughts or changes to the original post but its not set in stone.

I usually do, that's actually my only double post by the looks of it. I was at work and added something quick before my supervisor walked by my desk :p Didn't even think about modify at that point.

my guess is, he has something like this...
F75OU6NFPP7WO0E.MEDIUM.jpg

These apparently have 12 pins so not the exact same but I'm guessing they are similar

I also have a 10 pin diode in a 9mm can. I pulled it out of a DVD player. The IR CD diode is case negative, the positive pin being the one directly across from the case pin. I think the red diode in mine is dead because I can't find any others that work, but I presume the red diode pin is the one to the right of the IR pin.

Attachments

• 10-Pin_Diode.jpg
    10-Pin_Diode.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6,146
Lol, yeah. Imagine if we lived in a world where all 10 pins needed to be hooked up the right way in order to lase ;D

wow, thats pretty awesome. pssh i wish i had one :(
so do u know which ones to connect to get a red laser

diachi

Lotus_Darkrose said:
my guess is, he has something like this...
F75OU6NFPP7WO0E.MEDIUM.jpg

These apparently have 12 pins so not the exact same but I'm guessing they are similar

I've had a bunch of these , they are pretty much useless :p

Though I've never seen one in a 9mm package, nice find :cool:

They are very low-powered, and contain several laser diodes along with a photodiode array (plus some unused pins). They are useless from a hobbyist perspective due to their low power. Using a 9mm diode for ~5mW of output doesn't work well for pointers or other installations where size matters.