Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Watt Spartan Lasers BACK ON SALE!!!

We have caught up on the backlog of shipping so the 1 watt 447nm Spartan laser pointers are now back on sale (CROWD ROARS!!!)

You can find them on our website here =>click here <=

For the time being, orders should be shipped within one week of being made.

I understand that the "round beam" 445nm Laser has the output clipped
to produce that beam profile and power near 400mW..

The "rectangular beam" 445nm Laser seems more in line with other
sellers and the DIY 445nm Lasers build here...

Please correct me if I've misinterpreted the technical aspects of your
2 Blue Lasers..

Jerry

yea i bet its clipped. By the way, what are some advantages to a rectangular beam, if any? It just doesnt seem right..

udanis

yea i bet its clipped. By the way, what are some advantages to a rectangular beam, if any? It just doesnt seem right..

None i can think of really in my opinion. You will get better cutting/burning with a round tem00 beam.

None i can think of really in my opinion. You will get better cutting/burning with a round tem00 beam.

There aren't any, no. It's the output of the 445nm diode, it's rectangular, nothing to be done without a spatial filter (read: clipping)

udanis

Hey guys instead of starting a new post. Are these lasers made by CNI like dl's other? Does the 400mw use corrective optics or is the diode just on a different mode? Thanks

I believe they're all diodes of the same kind, e.g. multimode creating a rectangular beam, etc. It's just how it is. Any "TEM00" profile is created through filtering or other means to look like a single dot, but is not truly TEM00.

Hey guys instead of starting a new post. Are these lasers made by CNI like dl's other? Does the 400mw use corrective optics or is the diode just on a different mode? Thanks

The 400mw laser does not use corrective optics, it's basically the same as the 1w variation, but with a smaller aperture to clip the beam/dot.

udanis

The 400mw laser does not use corrective optics, it's basically the same as the 1w variation, but with a smaller aperture to clip the beam/dot.

Alright thank you! and I did hear back from them in an email i sent them. Here is their reply:

Hello,

The 1 watt Spartan is manufactured by our parent company which is basically
CNI and normally only available through our department.

Cheers
Frank
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers
Dragonlasers | Facebook

The 400mw is NOT "clipped" by the aperture, at all. The dot looks just the same with the aperture removed.

I own the 400mw. I know this for sure, first hand.