Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Watt Laser stencil cutting paper

MrDave

Here is my Rayfoss RF445-1W-FWT Blue Laser cutting out the word "LASER" on white paper stock.

This is my first Laser Video I have created.

http://www.youtube.com/v/i7ZbqK1Mj7Y&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

Halfway through you may notice the video shake, thats actually a transition where I jumped forward a minute or so in the cutting process. I really didn't want to bore you.

Sorry for the limited beam shot at the end. I'll have to make a new review of this laser and post real pictures.

Also, I removed the acryllic lens that this laser ships with and have replaced it with a glass Aixis 9mm lens. I'll be custom building an Aixis 9mm lens module with one of the 445nm G2 lenses as soon as my parts arrive.

Last edited:

DJNY

Hope your monitor is NOT behind the keyboard :tinfoil:

Cool vid man ;)

MrDave

Thank you for your support.

Actually my monitor is behind the keyboard, but suspended on the wall a good 10 inches above the desk, so there was just wall behind the cut, anyhow at that distance the beam is very unfocused and just a bright wide line, the intensity is collimated on the paper.

My desk doubles as a work bench quite often, you can see the laminated faux wood has been severly chipped, basically its just a thin layer painted on the laminate board used to cover the desk. Its due to be replaced - LOL.

Last edited:
MrDave, do you have any more reviews on this laser? i found this same one by chance, because i ordered an ARCTIC before the whole rush of people, waited upwards of six months, and gave up on said arctic, and NOW want to get a powerful laser. How do you like this one? did you ever get around to posting a full review? thanks for the help :)

Shoot4theMoon;

It's not a review, but:

You'll -probably- not go wrong going with Rayfoss or o-like, in lieu of the Arctic. Focusable, in the case of the Rayfoss, is a huge bonus as well.

People have their favorites, sure, but these all use the same diodes; and compared to DPSS lasers, are rather hard for a company to screw up.

I have worked with rayfoss in the past and faona is really nice/helpful. I think I will go ahead and buy the 1watt. Have you tried yours underwater at all? I believe the RF445-1W-FWT is the waterproof model i was looking at...

And i guess you're right, you cant really screw up something like that lol (although i am not familiar with DPSS?)
if yours is indeed the underwater model, do you think its underspec due to the lense? or does it not really matter with that much power? :D sorry about all the questions!!