Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt green handheld unit

Well, I'll be moving around in the next few weeks so probably not a good idea. Besides, I've got my Herc 400 now, I'm quite satisfied with it :)

I can see that Paul is frustrated with general knowledge on the forums and ebay and the general lack of basic science shown. He is correct on many points and his comments about people demanding labbie performance from portables echos my comments here relating to these considerations.

HMike

I can see that Paul is frustrated with general knowledge on the forums and ebay and the general lack of basic science shown. He is correct on many points and his comments about people demanding labbie performance from portables echos my comments here relating to these considerations.

HMike

If you say 'it outputs this much' then people expect it to output that much. I mean, expectations got nothing to do with it, if you say it does something that it doesn't do, then that's no good.

Don't say you can make a 1watt portable if it doesn't do 1watt of output, simple as that. I think consumers and sellers are both to blame here, we want higher powers so they are saying these temperamental devices have higher outputs, even though they may not most of the time.

Asherz

Sorry, I can't take anyone seriously who writes a professional letter to a client in full caps. Seems more trouble than it's worth, he also didn't seem to keen on the idea of you testing the laser and bringing it back, as mentioned you would be "SUCKING THE DATA" from the laser.

Frank

Hi,dear Sir

We have 1W handheld unit now.

Frank

Hello,

I have been talking to someone (not on the web) who is offering handheld green laser pointers that are between 500mw and 1000mw's! Now I have never seen anything advertised that is that powerful, the most powerful around that I could find were about 700mw I think. However this person does seem legitimate and has the test documentation. Laser looks similar to the PGLIII, runs on rechargeable batteries and has all the normal safety things... comes with warranty etc.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? It is just THAT much brighter than I have heard of previously that I feel I need to be a little bit cautious.

Thanks for taking the time to read through!

Frank

A few years too late I think, Frank! This thread started in 2009 and the last post before yours was in January 2010 :D

Cheers!

Yes, but now we have it.

It seems others don't have such laser yet.