Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1+watt blue labby soon to be available-good price

I will post moar here later but for now take a look at this;;;:)

New lab laser coming soon- tiny and 1 watt of 450nm BLUE

PM me to get on the waiting list for these-price to forum will be $165 plus minimim shipping.

they are being produced in China atm--- they are calling them 450nm but it is based on the casio diode...the one I got to try out is an on-loan prototype. the beam spot was very small and well focused- no splatter-- tight and clean..:D

BOTTOM LINE-Send your money to CHINA for a china-made blue module for 180$ and 25$ shipping so you can wait 2 to 4 weeks to get it.......................................OR... send your money to Houston USA( and USA employees) for a china-made(a better version imo) blue labby for 165$ and a much cheaper shipping charge and get it in 3 to 5 biz days PLUS the best support and warranty available--

O-Like sez...send it back within 7 days for refund or replacement -- GREAT ANOTHER 2 TO 4 WEEK WAIT!! only 7 days!!!????

first batch is only 25 units and some of them are already spoken for--PM me to get on the list--AixiZ will email you when they are here.

BTW I am not making anything on these -doing it for the good will with Chuck at AixiZ and the forums.

an analogue modulation version is being looked into..

see photos below-- small 'dot' is nice and round 6.7mm at 8.5 feet- the spot is a bar 21mm wide at 34 feet . the shot to the right is from 21 feet and is a bar 17mm wide. The lens inside is a aixiz glass and come prefocused but the ring in front can be removed and the focus adjusted.

you can see be the comparison to the 9V batt who incredibly small this labby is and it weighs only 200 grams- run off 12-15 vdc- has TTL.

PM me with ANY questions--len

Attachments

• 450nm 1 watt labbie 011.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 011.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 450nm 1 watt labbie 003.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 450nm 1 watt labbie 014.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 014.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 450nm 1 watt labbie 018.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 018.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 450nm 1 watt labbie 001.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 001.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 450nm 1 watt labbie 002.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 002.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 450nm 1 watt labbie 015.jpg
    450nm 1 watt labbie 015.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

well-- dang! looks like the same except the driver is glued to the top of the driver housing instead of the base.. couldn't get a shipping estimate from O-like but stilll the 'under 300$' price he told me had better be WAY under 300$

thanks for letting me know that, Grix

I will check into the analogue option

looks like o-like wants only $8 to ship to USA- so thats a total of 181.==so my guys good price is not so good--i am guessing he gets them from Susie.

EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------

OK--sorry.. I heard back form the one that will be offering these soon- I erred on the end price-- this version will be $165 plus minimal shipping- quick delivery as it wil be shipped frm US. An analogue version may be coming.

O-like wants 180$ plus $25 for USA shipping from China.(2 to 4 weeks!)

many companies get the driver cases and Heatsinks from the same China manufacturer. I think the way they did the driver will makes for better heat dissapation than the one from O=Like. The glass lens in this one may be better-- asaik. Sure looks good in person.

. While these ARE being assembled in China-- the sale and after-support is US based.

I was told the driver was set to output 350mWs because that is what they believe the Casio projector had the diodes set at. 100% warranty as long as it is left at that factory setting- but fully capable of much more.

I dont know how many units will be in the first shipment- this one was put in my hand to review(only two are here ATM)

They will eventually be on Ebay but my guess is that the price will be a little higher there.

Pre-delivery sales can be arranged if anyone want to get in on the first batch-- just PM me and I can link you. Maybe if enough are wanted I MAY get to keep the sample!!! but ATM it is only on loan. more photos tonite

hak

Last edited:
QUESTION:how is it considered a "1 watt" unit if it's set to 300mW and pot modding voids the warranty?

good question-I will try to give you MY answer--

not speaking for the seller of these- I am not an employee or Co. rep-- I am not middle-manning these

just got lucky on one 'loaner' to review

-- it is well known that these diodes are robust- with proper additional cooling 1 watt afaik is not a problem. The seller thinks that Casio factory Spec has them set for around that for use in the projector and estimates 2, 000 hrs or moar-not sure atm. At 300mWs and no additional cooling they can run for hours non-stop and if it fails it will be replaced.

If however you set it a LOT higher --say 2 A then it may not last very long especially w/o additional cooling, like a fan or TEC. He has to draw the line somewhere-

O-like has thiers set to 600mWs-

This seller has an outstanding record when it comes to support and customer satisfation.

If i get to keep this sample it will go into my new projector projector (my first one) and I will for sure be increasing the mAs.

I think at that price this is still a good deal --all things considered.
but thats just MHO. Time will tell.

plz let me know if there are any other questions----len

I sent this out in a PM

Glad to help you and my friend Chuck-owner of AixiZ-I really like the sample he lent( i must return it) me for a review.

He has a great rep for support and making his customers happy- he backs up all he sells and ships fast from Houston. Give me your email and I will see that you get on the wait list-- not sure when they will get here but if on the list you will get one of the first 25.

Chuck will let you know when they get here.

I am not making anything on your buy- just making good will with Chuck and the forum.

He tells me that the driver is fully adjustable and there should be not probs running it much higher than the 350mWs that it outputs when you get it.

For a full Watt I would add some additional cooling -like a fan , but these are very robust diodes, comes prefocused with a good glass AixiZ lens- the front ring can be removed if you want to mess with the focus. Chuck says that the way he had the drivers mounted in the driver case will make for better heat dissapation.

plus $15 cheaper than anyone else and most US buyers get thier items from AixiZ in 4 or less biz days. O-Likd takes 2 to weeks and wants $25 for shipping-spend your money in the US, Chuck employs 7 people in Houston.

my private email is hakzaw1(at)gmail.com

let me know if you want to get on the list for the first batch---Len

btw there may be a model coming with analogue modultion--this one comes w/ TTL.

I should have the first 25 units ready in one week, contemplating putting them on our website for presale.

THESE are available at AixiZ.com

price is now 205$ plus shipping--always let them know you are a LPF member when ordering......& never buy at aixiz eekbay. All items there can be gotten from the website whether they are listed there or not.

The GB at 165$ is now closed.
. Thanks to all who got one.